Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can Side View Mirrors not draw in when leaving car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I use mine all the time, but I have the auto-fold setting turned off. At work, the spaces are tight enough that I fold in the mirrors to make sure someone's bag doesn't bust the mirror as they walk by. At home, 50% of the time I fold in the mirrors as, with mirrors extended, I only have 2" of space on either side and I'm not always perfectly centered. So as I go over the lip into the garage, if it looks like the mirror is close, I press the button and fold it in. I would use the auto-fold feature, but it auto-unfolds before I leave the garage and I don't want to see the mirror extended and forget that I do not have enough room to clear the mirror, so it's on manual.

Just out of curiosity, is it just an aesthetics thing to want them to stay out?

a local wheel dealer wanted to photograph my car, and i was leaving the car with him for 2 hours, but i took the key and he wanted the windows out.

also, while in the car, is there a way to draw the side view mirrors in while going through tight spaces? i bet the answer is obvious as well.

a local wheel dealer wanted to photograph my car, and i was leaving the car with him for 2 hours, but i took the key and he wanted the windows out.

He could manually unfold them.

also, while in the car, is there a way to draw the side view mirrors in while going through tight spaces? i bet the answer is obvious as well.

Between the buttons that select to adjust the left or right mirror (above the rotational dialpad for moving the mirror), there is a center button that folds in/unfolds the mirrors at will. Can even be done while driving.