Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can Side View Mirrors not draw in when leaving car?

scottm

Legacy account
Jun 13, 2014
Canada
I dorked with folding mirrors for first 2 weeks of ownership.

Now, they're perma-unfolded. No need. Wish the option wasn't bundled on me with tech-pack. I *did* want the power lift-gate.

Noneduck

Oct 1, 2015
Albuquerque NM
I dorked with folding mirrors for first 2 weeks of ownership.

Now, they're perma-unfolded. No need. Wish the option wasn't bundled on me with tech-pack. I *did* want the power lift-gate.
Wouldn't it be great if the power lift gate was standard equipment and the folding mirrors was bundled into the $3000 option.

Cyclone

Cyclonic Member ((.oO))
Jan 12, 2015
Charlotte, NC
I use mine all the time, but I have the auto-fold setting turned off. At work, the spaces are tight enough that I fold in the mirrors to make sure someone's bag doesn't bust the mirror as they walk by. At home, 50% of the time I fold in the mirrors as, with mirrors extended, I only have 2" of space on either side and I'm not always perfectly centered. So as I go over the lip into the garage, if it looks like the mirror is close, I press the button and fold it in. I would use the auto-fold feature, but it auto-unfolds before I leave the garage and I don't want to see the mirror extended and forget that I do not have enough room to clear the mirror, so it's on manual.

jlucero

Jun 23, 2015
DALLAS
Just out of curiosity, is it just an aesthetics thing to want them to stay out?

a local wheel dealer wanted to photograph my car, and i was leaving the car with him for 2 hours, but i took the key and he wanted the windows out.

also, while in the car, is there a way to draw the side view mirrors in while going through tight spaces? i bet the answer is obvious as well.

Cyclone

Cyclonic Member ((.oO))
Jan 12, 2015
Charlotte, NC
a local wheel dealer wanted to photograph my car, and i was leaving the car with him for 2 hours, but i took the key and he wanted the windows out.

He could manually unfold them.

also, while in the car, is there a way to draw the side view mirrors in while going through tight spaces? i bet the answer is obvious as well.

Between the buttons that select to adjust the left or right mirror (above the rotational dialpad for moving the mirror), there is a center button that folds in/unfolds the mirrors at will. Can even be done while driving.

jlucero

Jun 23, 2015
DALLAS
man im retarded...thank you. i have actually used that function on the door a while back, but had a brain freeze moment. go figure. thanks again

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC