Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can someone Calibrate Autopilot 2.0 on a Model S Facelift

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just some parts on the suspension. No sensors or cameras. Even the front bumber was good. I don’t even get an error on the screen. We had all the cables and connections checked and everything is connected and working properly.

I’m thinking you’re out of luck unless you get the car recertified. Calibrating the cameras to match what the AP networks expect would likely require intimate knowledge of the network itself that nobody here(or outside Tesla) has. Best I can think of that you can personally try doing it just randomly jiggle the front cameras to see if you can clear the issue.

I had this happen to my 2017 S. first the auto windshield wipers stopped working (wouldn't turn off unless I placed it but in manual) then it stopped reading the lines and traffic.. Thought my calibration was messed up. took it to a SC and they told me the front facing camera stopped working and had to replace it. Hints why the auto wipers started acting crazy. So if your car saw the lines before and then stopped, most likely your front camera gave out.

NOTE: auto pilot 2.5 uses a different front camera from the 2.0. SC didn't even know this until they installed a 2.0 camera and it didn't work so they had to order a 2.5 version

The instrument cluster will only show road lines and cars around you if the radar and camera agree on the state of the world. I would definitely calibrate the radar before replacing the camera.

Here are instructions for the non-facelift model. You can probably do a similar procedure on the facelift model once you get access to the radar behind the bumper cover. Front Radar Calibration

Just some parts on the suspension. No sensors or cameras. Even the front bumber was good. I don’t even get an error on the screen. We had all the cables and connections checked and everything is connected and working properly.
Did you remove the radar? If you didn't remove anything, it will calibrate itself within a 1,000 miles regardless.

I replaced a radar on an AP 2.0 car and it some how programmed itself and calibrated and autopilot works now. Just have to drive for a good bit.

The instrument cluster will only show road lines and cars around you if the radar and camera agree on the state of the world. I would definitely calibrate the radar before replacing the camera.

Here are instructions for the non-facelift model. You can probably do a similar procedure on the facelift model once you get access to the radar behind the bumper cover. Front Radar Calibration

Thank you for your response. Do you know where the radar is located on the facelift? I don't think it is on the same place as the first model(or as it is shown on the link you provided me with).