Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

can someone confirm in this looks ok

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just inspecting my seal below the window and found an odd piece of plastic attached to the passenger side hinge of the frunk strut.

Can someone confirm this is what it should look like. I'm guessing its some sort of catch for the frunk strut closing mechanism but just wanted to make sure.

edit: just to mention, the seal on this side of my window looks to be compressed below the window and plastic trim worryingly. I'll be booking it into an SC in the coming days.

IMG-0686.jpg

IMG-0687.jpg

I'm afraid I think yours is the one that may be missing something. Mine certainly has the plastic thingy as per the OP.
Uh, oh! As I also have a piece of trim that's floating about not clipped to anything, where the lower driver corner of the windscreen meets the body, it looks like it's time to put in that service call. The corresponding piece of trim on the passenger side is attached. The floating piece does have a clip on it but I can't see where that clip is supposed to be engage with the body.

Yea that post totally threw me. I can’t even see that part showing in those pictures. I think I’ve found where it goes. I’ll post a pic in due course

Well, mine now seems to have disappeared ... presumably during repair/refitting of the seal between my windscreen and plastic cowl ... obviously nothing crucial (famous last words!)