TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Can someone grab a picture of their door sill?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by cryptyk, Aug 3, 2015.

1. cryptyk

cryptyk Member

Hi all,
    My car is in the shop right now and I'm hoping someone can grab me a picture of a specific part of the car - I can't find a good picture online.

I'm thinking about wrapping the chrome piece at the bottom of the doors that sits on top of the valance. I'm hoping to get a picture of the driver's door open that shows how that little chrome piece "goes" into the cabin. Basically, a closer up version of this: https://viralidea.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/628x471.jpeg

Thanks!
    Ryan

2. Bonlaw

Bonlaw Member

Hope this is what you meant. Not the best pics- reflection.
    image.jpg image.jpg

3. cryptyk

cryptyk Member

4. Racerx22b

Racerx22b Member

#4 Racerx22b, Aug 3, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
    I had mine wrapped in matte black. Did the chrome piece under the rear bumper as well. Looks great. Should've come that way. The chrome just breaks up the car's lines. Gonna get the handles done to match paint and gloss black on the chrome window surrounds next.

cant figure out how to upload pic from mobile device. Scroll down to the last post in this thread.

Had a chance to black out some of the chrome on the car

5. markb1

markb1 Active Member

When did they start putting that there? My car just has black plastic for the door sill.

6. cryptyk

cryptyk Member

Your car looks sick.

I'm painting the lower valance white (front, sides, and rear) and that chrome piece really messes up the line. I also can't find a good white wrap color that matches the paint, which is a bummer for that lower chrome piece, as well as the door handles. I think I'll just end up doing white lower valance, and matte black on the lower chrome piece and door handles...

Thanks for the pics - that helps a lot.

7. shadowinstallz

nice mats @cryptyk