Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can someone help me understand where I add toothpaste on a Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I opened the TMC app this morning and was greeted by this informative yet confusing advert suggesting that I add toothpaste to the car for fuel saving performance… the only issue is the instructions are only for ICE vehicles, so whilst I can do this on our van no troubles, where are you all adding toothpaste on your Tesla?

TIA. I did search and nothing came up by the way.

6FB8AE25-89CB-4FD6-871D-56B1BD2DF92C.jpeg

So I opened the TMC app this morning and was greeted by this informative yet confusing advert suggesting that I add toothpaste to the car for fuel saving performance… the only issue is the instructions are only for ICE vehicles, so whilst I can do this on our van no troubles, where are you all adding toothpaste on your Tesla?

TIA. I did search and nothing came up by the way.

View attachment 846923
The mind boggles…

Petrol is expensive right now but I think its still cheaper than toothpaste gram for gram
Moneysaving tip: if you brush your teeth with petrol it will cost you less than brushing with toothpaste!

DISCLAIMER: This is a joke. Do not brush your teeth with petrol. Also, do not use petrol as a substitute for washing up liquid. Also, do not use petrol as drain cleaner. And, under no circumstances should you add petrol instead of milk to your tea or coffee!

• Funny
Reactions: ACarneiro
Another version of the ad pours Coca Cola into the tank. Does that work better? I guess you could try it in the washer fluid tank.
More seriously I’m shocked that such blatantly scam ads are allowed by Google (who I think ‘serve’ the ads). There’s a similar series claiming to save energy with pictures of devices plugged into sockets that could be as damaging to your health as these ones would be to your car.

Reactions: Toblerone and Casss
There's quite a few scam ads like this across various platforms, banks furious etc. etc. As AndrewGR says, it's obvious no checking is done before ads are served up, I guess it costs too much money and impacts the billions they make.

Another version of the ad pours Coca Cola into the tank. Does that work better?
1662015093436.png

For best results pour coke into the charge port - note it has to be ‘the real thing’ - Supermarket own brand (or Rola Cola) could cause premature wear to the motor.

Then follow with the toothpaste (if you are still alive). You don’t want any corrosion.
Colgate works best on red/white/blue cars.
Source: I made it up, just like them.

Trouble is, there will be many people who think it's genuine and WILL put toothpaste/coke/whatever into their tank.

Too many people lack a sense of scepticism; coupled with little basic scientific understanding it means they are easily duped. I remember a good friend of mine years ago trying to convince me to invest in a company he'd just put some money into. He wasn't stupid, but he'd been convinced that adding a little electrolysis unit to a car would create hydrogen that, when fed into the carb/inlet, would reduce fuel consumption. I tried to point out that the whole thing was based on getting something for nothing, violating the 1st law of thermodynamics. But he wouldn't listen...

Reactions: PeteSanders
Moneysaving tip: if you brush your teeth with petrol it will cost you less than brushing with toothpaste!

DISCLAIMER: This is a joke. Do not brush your teeth with petrol. Also, do not use petrol as a substitute for washing up liquid. Also, do not use petrol as drain cleaner. And, under no circumstances should you add petrol instead of milk to your tea or coffee!
So..you are saying that I can use petrol instead of baby milk ?

Disclaimer…pls please please do not do this…

• Funny
Reactions: Roy B