TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Can someone lend this Queenslander a CHAdeMO?

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by Blue heaven, Oct 12, 2017 at 3:30 PM.

1. Blue heaven

Blue heaven Member

2. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

You may have to spell it out as some of us won't pay to go beyond the News Corp firewall.

3. Blue heaven

Blue heaven Member

Sorry, I forget they close it off after a short time, to summarize a QLD property developer that owns 3 Tesla's is upset the state govt has built a charger that needs a $500 adaptor to charge his $300,000 car, as is expected news corp has grabbed the opportunity with both hands, will probably go up on Cairns post or Herald Sun facebook later. Any one buying an EV at this early stage should understand it requires a bit of forward preperation.

• Like x 1
  4. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

When the CHAdeMO adapter was first announced and sold, it was listed for USD $1400... AUD$500 is a bargain!

5. Blue heaven

Blue heaven Member

Over the past two years the price in Australia has varied from $500 to $800, anyone travelling the RAC electric highway or the QLD superhighway (when complete) would get good value.
    I would expect TOCA has a loan adaptor for members who are planning a one and only trip.

6. 415xxx

415xxx New Member

I just bought one from Tesla for A$700, all I need now is the car and the electric super highway.......

• Like x 2