Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can someone lend this Queenslander a CHAdeMO?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You may have to spell it out as some of us won't pay to go beyond the News Corp firewall.
Sorry, I forget they close it off after a short time, to summarize a QLD property developer that owns 3 Tesla's is upset the state govt has built a charger that needs a $500 adaptor to charge his $300,000 car, as is expected news corp has grabbed the opportunity with both hands, will probably go up on Cairns post or Herald Sun facebook later. Any one buying an EV at this early stage should understand it requires a bit of forward preperation.

Reactions: AEdennis
Sorry, I forget they close it off after a short time, to summarize a QLD property developer that owns 3 Tesla's is upset the state govt has built a charger that needs a $500 adaptor to charge his $300,000 car, as is expected news corp has grabbed the opportunity with both hands, will probably go up on Cairns post or Herald Sun facebook later. Any one buying an EV at this early stage should understand it requires a bit of forward preperation.

When the CHAdeMO adapter was first announced and sold, it was listed for USD $1400... AUD$500 is a bargain!

When the CHAdeMO adapter was first announced and sold, it was listed for USD $1400... AUD$500 is a bargain!

Over the past two years the price in Australia has varied from $500 to $800, anyone travelling the RAC electric highway or the QLD superhighway (when complete) would get good value.
I would expect TOCA has a loan adaptor for members who are planning a one and only trip.