Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can someone please explain this supercharging picture?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please see the attached. Everytime I supercharge (different locations, cities, stalls etc), at roughly 35% full my KW start dropping dramatically. At 60% I'm supercharging at 15kw. What is the point of this? If the kw drops then I charge slower, which means I sit in the spot longer, taking up a spot someone else could be using. Why not let us charge at 96kw(I have 70d) until full!? I just end up wasting my time, as do others waiting for me to finish charging to 80%. I realize the last 10% takes longer, but the last 65%!?

Currently I'm at 65%full and supercharging at 8kw with 2.5 hours left. And yes, I did switch stalls at my current location to be sure before posting this.

Sorry, says my cell pic is to large to attach :(

What did Tesla say when you called them while at the Superchargers? I just traveled to Florida and back from Texas and routinely hit 95-99KW up to around 50% then gradually drops to 38kw by the time the battery is 80%... Have a loaner 75D MS,.

Had a longer than planned meal at one stop and the battery was up to 86% from 20% in something less than 40 min.

Please see the attached. Everytime I supercharge (different locations, cities, stalls etc), at roughly 35% full my KW start dropping dramatically. At 60% I'm supercharging at 15kw. What is the point of this? If the kw drops then I charge slower, which means I sit in the spot longer, taking up a spot someone else could be using. Why not let us charge at 96kw(I have 70d) until full!? I just end up wasting my time, as do others waiting for me to finish charging to 80%. I realize the last 10% takes longer, but the last 65%!?

Currently I'm at 65%full and supercharging at 8kw with 2.5 hours left. And yes, I did switch stalls at my current location to be sure before posting this.

Sorry, says my cell pic is to large to attach :(
I have never been below 34kw, there must be something wrong.

I get the error uploading photos from iPhone 7 to TMC - they are slightly too large so I go into the photo and crop it a bit to reduce the file size then upload - anyone figure out a better/simpler way to get photos from iPhone 7 to TMC?

(Apologies in advance for changing topics)
Send them to yourself in an email and when it asks what size you want to send select one of the smaller file sizes. Save that photo and then upload it. I'm sure there are some scaling/compression apps out there but this is relatively quick and easy.

Send them to yourself in an email and when it asks what size you want to send select one of the smaller file sizes. Save that photo and then upload it. I'm sure there are some scaling/compression apps out there but this is relatively quick and easy.
This is the best way I can think of to 'trigger' the algorithm that gives you the choice of sizes. Perhaps because a lot of email systems can't take large attachments? But at least then you can get it to a size that will work quickly. Excellent idea! I was going to suggest the 'pick a size' but had momentarily forgotten what was the trigger for it... email!