Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can someone point me in the correct direction on getting decent quality A-Pillar tweeters for a standard sound system car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been looking around but most that I find are either out of stock or the style that are meant to be hole-sawed into your door panels. I just want a tweeter that is 1" and will work with my factory low wattage amp... my OEM tweeters keep blowing out on my car and I'm tired of warranty claiming it. I really don't know what the 'Go-to' would be for these. If anybody could help me I would genuinely appreciate it

Audiofrog GS10 snap into the stock location and sound great. There really isn't a "go to" for tweeter replacements as there are many options available and most do not just look for something that snap in.

You can also get/make tweeter mounting rings that will fit the stock mounts and will allow you to run most smaller tweeters.

Edit: I'm not sure if the factory amp runs a different signal to the factory tweeters or if they simply use the built in cap as a crossover. Aftermarket tweeters have no such crossover built in. They would either be external or designed to be used with an active crossover. You could wire in a cap of your own as a crossover to be sure. They can be good insurance even if you have an active crossover.

Audiofrog GS10 snap into the stock location and sound great. There really isn't a "go to" for tweeter replacements as there are many options available and most do not just look for something that snap in.

You can also get/make tweeter mounting rings that will fit the stock mounts and will allow you to run most smaller tweeters.

Edit: I'm not sure if the factory amp runs a different signal to the factory tweeters or if they simply use the built in cap as a crossover. Aftermarket tweeters have no such crossover built in. They would either be external or designed to be used with an active crossover. You could wire in a cap of your own as a crossover to be sure. They can be good insurance even if you have an active crossover.
Do the GS10s need a cap?

The need for a cap would not be tweeter-specific. Any aftermarket tweeter will be filterless out of the box until you hook it up to a crossover. The key is whether the signal going to the tweeter is full range or is already a high pass signal, but I don't know the answer to that.

Are the GS10's really that easy to install? They just snap in? No mounting?

Now that you have had them for awhile do you still recommend them?

I had ordered Polk Audio db1001 but I am thinking of returning those to get the GS10's...

The polk audio comes with an inline crossover. Do the GS10s?