Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can someone recommend controllers for Cuphead?

Thunder7ga

May 20, 2018
Johns Creek, GA
We use the Xbox One Controller + Cable and works great. You can get one on Amazon for less than $50, or used off eBay for much less. I know you said wireless, but I have no idea how Tesla uses that since I have not done it that way.

Reactions: 30seconds

diamond.g

Nov 5, 2015
Moyock, NC
The official MS Wireless dongle for the Xbox One controller doesn't appear to work. Newer XB1 controllers support BT, but it doesn't appear that Tesla has that enabled.

malciv

Jul 11, 2018
Central NJ
Posting in a few places to hopefully save some people some time. I looked online for a cheap controller to keep in the car. I've found the Hyperkin X91 Xbox One & Windows 10 controller ($16) works fine on my Xbox but doesn't work at all in the car.

After reading some forums, watching a few youtube videos and reading Amazon reviews, I'm pretty sure the EasySMX PC Game Controller will work with all games in the Tesla that use a controller. I just ordered it and will update this post if I have any issues with it.

https://www.amazon.com/Controller-EasySMX-Joystick-Dual-Vibration-Trigger/dp/B06XBX1R55

jat255

Sep 11, 2017
Boulder, CO
Posting in a few places to hopefully save some people some time. I looked online for a cheap controller to keep in the car. I've found the Hyperkin X91 Xbox One & Windows 10 controller ($16) works fine on my Xbox but doesn't work at all in the car.

After reading some forums, watching a few youtube videos and reading Amazon reviews, I'm pretty sure the EasySMX PC Game Controller will work with all games in the Tesla that use a controller. I just ordered it and will update this post if I have any issues with it.

https://www.amazon.com/Controller-EasySMX-Joystick-Dual-Vibration-Trigger/dp/B06XBX1R55

Please post back especially if it works fine! I'm in the market for a couple of controllers for the car, and these are a great price/review combo.

Trail Runner

Apr 4, 2016
Hood River, Oregon
From Tesla service today, Currently only the Xbox controller and PS4 controllers are supported. I bought Nintendo controllers that didn't work and now i have Xbox 1 controllers that do for all games.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191006-222653_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20191006-222653_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 54

malciv

Jul 11, 2018
Central NJ
Please post back especially if it works fine! I'm in the market for a couple of controllers for the car, and these are a great price/review combo.

Got it last night and tried beach buggy. Worked perfectly. I'll probably have more time to play with it tomorrow.

swaltner

Oct 13, 2012
Kansas, USA
I’m using the Logitech F310 ($20 from the local Target store) for both Cuphead and Beach Buggy Racing. Works great on both, but Cuphead is still an impossible game.

Reactions: comraddan

ranova

Apr 16, 2018
NorCal
Wireless controllers won't work - tesla would need to basically have an xbox embedded for that to happen.

someone said that the 8bitdo wireless adapters do allow you to use supported wireless controllers (ps3, ps4, xbone, switch pro controller, etc) in the tesla. I bought 2 of them to test out since I have a slew of console wireless controllers laying around and would rather not clutter the center console cubby with more wires

For use with 8Bitdo Controllers, Nintendo Switch Pro, Nintendo Switch Joy-cons, PS4, PS3, Wii Mote, Wii U Pro and more, wirelessly, on Windows PCs, Macs, Raspberry Pi, laptops, tablets.

• Informative
Reactions: APotatoGod

comraddan

Jun 16, 2019
Sacramento
I’m using the Logitech F310 ($20 from the local Target store) for both Cuphead and Beach Buggy Racing. Works great on both, but Cuphead is still an impossible game.
This is the one I got too (also from Target) and it works great for me as well. I also seconds that Cuphead is crazy hard!

APotatoGod

Jul 31, 2018
California
Has anyone tried PS3 or PS4 controllers?

Yeah, I use a PS4 controller, it works great! The only problem is for some reason a few of the "press this button to continue" type displays highlight the wrong button, but it's not a significant issue at all.

I've also tried some random "retro" game controller that was $12 on amazon at the time, but its buttons were too unreliable, not really useable for cuphead.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC