Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can someone recommend controllers for Cuphead?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Posting in a few places to hopefully save some people some time. I looked online for a cheap controller to keep in the car. I've found the Hyperkin X91 Xbox One & Windows 10 controller ($16) works fine on my Xbox but doesn't work at all in the car.

After reading some forums, watching a few youtube videos and reading Amazon reviews, I'm pretty sure the EasySMX PC Game Controller will work with all games in the Tesla that use a controller. I just ordered it and will update this post if I have any issues with it.

https://www.amazon.com/Controller-EasySMX-Joystick-Dual-Vibration-Trigger/dp/B06XBX1R55

Posting in a few places to hopefully save some people some time. I looked online for a cheap controller to keep in the car. I've found the Hyperkin X91 Xbox One & Windows 10 controller ($16) works fine on my Xbox but doesn't work at all in the car.

After reading some forums, watching a few youtube videos and reading Amazon reviews, I'm pretty sure the EasySMX PC Game Controller will work with all games in the Tesla that use a controller. I just ordered it and will update this post if I have any issues with it.

https://www.amazon.com/Controller-EasySMX-Joystick-Dual-Vibration-Trigger/dp/B06XBX1R55

Please post back especially if it works fine! I'm in the market for a couple of controllers for the car, and these are a great price/review combo.

From Tesla service today, Currently only the Xbox controller and PS4 controllers are supported. I bought Nintendo controllers that didn't work and now i have Xbox 1 controllers that do for all games.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191006-222653_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20191006-222653_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 272
Wireless controllers won't work - tesla would need to basically have an xbox embedded for that to happen.

someone said that the 8bitdo wireless adapters do allow you to use supported wireless controllers (ps3, ps4, xbone, switch pro controller, etc) in the tesla. I bought 2 of them to test out since I have a slew of console wireless controllers laying around and would rather not clutter the center console cubby with more wires

For use with 8Bitdo Controllers, Nintendo Switch Pro, Nintendo Switch Joy-cons, PS4, PS3, Wii Mote, Wii U Pro and more, wirelessly, on Windows PCs, Macs, Raspberry Pi, laptops, tablets.

• Informative
Reactions: APotatoGod
Has anyone tried PS3 or PS4 controllers?

Yeah, I use a PS4 controller, it works great! The only problem is for some reason a few of the "press this button to continue" type displays highlight the wrong button, but it's not a significant issue at all.

I've also tried some random "retro" game controller that was $12 on amazon at the time, but its buttons were too unreliable, not really useable for cuphead.