Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can someone sell me on the black interior!?

Do you prefer Black or white interior?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After owning the white interior for a couple of months, there were definitely some stains that were indelibly left on the seat. From baby wipes to magic eraser, nothing worked. I loved the look and feel of the white interior but it definitely is not stain proof IMO. I’m torn at the moment.

Hmmm, I merely take a microfiber towel and warm water, it seems to pull all the dirt up just fine.

• Helpful
Reactions: omar
Even the seat belts have the ability to stain the white material and not be able to be removed... So as much as I like the white look, I wouldn't spend an extra grand to get a material that stains so easy again... I remember them selling it as their most premium and stain resistant material... yea right... Go black and don't go back!

upload_2019-10-11_9-59-0.png

• Love
Even the seat belts have the ability to stain the white material and not be able to be removed... So as much as I like the white look, I wouldn't spend an extra grand to get a material that stains so easy again... I remember them selling it as their most premium and stain resistant material... yea right... Go black and don't go back!

View attachment 464872

Yup. Had the same stains forming there as well.

Get black or white, whatever YOU want. Don't take this the wrong way, but why do you care what we think? Do we also get to pick the exterior color?

just wondering if my experience with staining the white interior was a one-off. Everywhere I looked online raves about their stain resistance. Nice to get a real world opinion on this. In the end, I was most likely getting black but I hope this helps other people decide.

PS: should I wear a blue or yellow shirt today? Jk

• Funny
Reactions: mazers
Aww I'm sorry to hear about your car. Your car was the reason why I bought the white handle covers. But I'm glad you are ok!
I love the black interior. It goes with the minimalist design of the car, especially at night when everything is dark. It's like dark mode on your phone/computer.

• Love
Aww I'm sorry to hear about your car. Your car was the reason why I bought the white handle covers. But I'm glad you are ok!
I love the black interior. It goes with the minimalist design of the car, especially at night when everything is dark. It's like dark mode on your phone/computer.

I’m doing remarkably well considering the crash. Thanks! Great way to put it. Love dark mode! Haha. I remember you asking about the handles. Hope they’re working out for you!

View attachment 464872

This isn't the first time I have heard of this. Another member, left his vehicle for service for a few weeks and upon pick up he had similar stains.

• Informative
I have the pearl white with black interior (LR AWD as well). I love the black interior. Not as tiring on the eyes in bright sunlight, lower maintenance in general with keeping and/or looking clean--both of which are big selling points for me. I never liked the idea of a white or light colored dash due to reflections in the windshield sometimes. Personally not a fan of two-tones interiors but that's just a personal preference. I like the wood dash and think it has a richer look to it than the white, again personal preference. I did btw do a metallic black vinyl wrap on that black piano center console and super happy I did. Something you can do with some of the money you might have otherwise spent on the white interior package. Rest can go towards PPF or tint.

Glad you are doing okay and weren't seriously hurt. Curious did the person who swerved into your lane causing the accident stop? Get it on dashcam?

I don't use cabin overheat (i typically forget until I get to the car) but I always do put a windshield cover up (that along with my tinted windows) and I have never had burning hot seats with my black interior.

Same here with windshield shade and not experiencing burning hot black seats in general. I think however maybe you meant pre-cooling as far as saying forgetting about it until you get in the car. Cabin overheat you program to be on in your settings and as long as you sit in the car that day, it will be active and turn on automatically for 12 hours of leaving the car to keep the car no higher than 104F which isn't too hot. The A/C in the car works great and really fast with the fan turned up and it takes care of reducing the interior temp in just a few minutes.

From factory it's the black interior, but you can upgrade from Tesla to white for $1k. I just purchased white seat covers to go over it.
Figured if I get tired of the white I can just take them off and have black seats again.
View attachment 464764 View attachment 464765 View attachment 464766

Personally I wouldn't ever use seat covers especially with Tesla's Manual admonition not to:
"Warning: Do not use seat covers in Model 3. Doing so could restrict deployment of the seat-mounted side air bags if a collision occurs. It can also reduce the accuracy of the occupant detection system." Plus it's another layer of material over seats with heaters.

Rather have working air bags than the white color although the covers do look nice.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: Sheefo2k and omar