Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can someone sell me on the black interior!?

Do you prefer Black or white interior?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
:eek: So glad you are ok.

Thanks! I’m doing absurdly OK considering the crash.

I have the pearl white with black interior (LR AWD as well). I love the black interior. Not as tiring on the eyes in bright sunlight, lower maintenance in general with keeping and/or looking clean--both of which are big selling points for me. I never liked the idea of a white or light colored dash due to reflections in the windshield sometimes. Personally not a fan of two-tones interiors but that's just a personal preference. I like the wood dash and think it has a richer look to it than the white, again personal preference. I did btw do a metallic black vinyl wrap on that black piano center console and super happy I did. Something you can do with some of the money you might have otherwise spent on the white interior package. Rest can go towards PPF or tint.

Glad you are doing okay and weren't seriously hurt. Curious did the person who swerved into your lane causing the accident stop? Get it on dashcam?

Didn’t think to hit the save button on the screen for the dash cam. When I went back to the car a couple of days later it just has footage of the tow yard.

Black gets the awesome Alcantara door inserts.

You can also order these
Car Seat Cover FULL Set for Tesla Model 3 2017-2019 5 Seat Front Rear Oak White | eBay
Exactly what I was thinking: I like White but extra option cost, difficult to keep clean and white dashboard can provide reflection.

When I get a new car I immediatly put covers to protect the seats, so the car will look prestine when I will sale it.

Also, I would have prefered getting the choice of cloth fabric, instead of leather (real or artificial).

I put some neoprene car seat covers from Wet Okole Hawaii.

The extra 5 mm layer is very confortable both in winter and summer.

So the color don't really mater since I use seat covers.

From factory it's the black interior, but you can upgrade from Tesla to white for $1k. I just purchased white seat covers to go over it.
Figured if I get tired of the white I can just take them off and have black seats again.
Look great! Could you sho the rear seat with the center arm set folded down? Is ther also a white cover for it?

Can you show the detail of the opening for the lock used to fold the seats on top of the rear seat?

Did you put an extension for the central seat belt latch? On my car the latch is very short and inserted inside the seat.

Personally I wouldn't ever use seat covers especially with Tesla's Manual admonition not to:
"Warning: Do not use seat covers in Model 3. Doing so could restrict deployment of the seat-mounted side air bags if a collision occurs. It can also reduce the accuracy of the occupant detection system." Plus it's another layer of material over seats with heaters.

Rather have working air bags than the white color although the covers do look nice.

Safety - Wet Okole Hawaii

16606-Front-View-Air-Bag-Test.gif

• Informative
Reactions: Sheefo2k
There was a thread in the Model X subforum on cream vs black. I really don’t like white. Feels like going to the dentist or something. But the cream is just gorgeous to my eyes. It is very light and prone to staining but not quite as bad. Someone replied to that thread that he pretreated his cream seats and after 3 years he said they still look like new.

I chickened out and got black ;)

No regrets really. And I’ve done a few projects since getting the car and tried to image having the cream and thinking it would be destroyed (stained) by me in no time and it’s so nice to not worry about it.

If in a hotter climate I’d seriously consider cream. Don’t know if I could do ever do white.

• Helpful
Reactions: omar
Look great! Could you sho the rear seat with the center arm set folded down? Is ther also a white cover for it?

Can you show the detail of the opening for the lock used to fold the seats on top of the rear seat?

Did you put an extension for the central seat belt latch? On my car the latch is very short and inserted inside the seat.

Theres no inside cover for the armrest.

I am thinking of getting a couple 3" rigid belt extender for the rear window seats since the covers makes locking the belt really difficult. Have to really push it in.
20191012_164101.jpg
20191012_164254.jpg
20191012_164932.jpg

Attachments

• 20191012_164932.jpg
    20191012_164932.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 39
Theres no inside cover for the armrest.
I am thinking of getting a couple 3" rigid belt extender for the rear window seats since the covers makes locking the belt really difficult.
Have to really push it in.

Thank you so much for all additional information.

I'am also considering putting some extension to the seat belt because I noticed that the rear passengers,
on the right side, have often difficulty to buckle. In fact they often use the middle seat belt latch instead.

Because of this I get a warning message of seat belt not used.
So, now I keep the central arm rest folded down, so the middle seat belt latch is not visible.

About the top opening for the folding seats handles, I wonder if you could order the cover without the openings,
so they would not be visible.I try to cover mine with some cloth, so from the outside, the folding handle are not visible.
However, even when covered, you can still pass your finger on top of the handle and fold the seats.

Note: If you even try to find the buttons used to fold the rear seats on a Model X, you will noticed that they are located
under the seat cover and are not visible.