Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can someone sell me on the black interior!?

Do you prefer Black or white interior?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sadly, I just totaled my white interior LR RWD. I’m physically ok and thankful.

After owning the white interior for a couple of months, there were definitely some stains that were indelibly left on the seat. From baby wipes to magic eraser, nothing worked. I loved the look and feel of the white interior but it definitely is not stain proof IMO. I’m torn at the moment.

Basically, I’m asking for someone to sell me on the black interior. I know it’s more sensible in the long run. Anyone wrap their dash or done anything to change the black interior look? Please post pics!

Thanks

Sorry to hear about your accident. Glad you are ok! Sounds like you are already gravitating towards a black interior so it would be a nice change with less maintenance to worry about. You could always wrap the wood panel or swap with a white interior car if you want to add some color to the cabin.

Don't know what year your car was but I think pricing has come down overall so now is a good time to upgrade to LR AWD. Good luck!

Reactions: omar
Sorry to hear about your accident. Glad you are ok! Sounds like you are already gravitating towards a black interior so it would be a nice change with less maintenance to worry about. You could always wrap the wood panel or swap with a white interior car if you want to add some color to the cabin.

Don't know what year your car was but I think pricing has come down overall so now is a good time to upgrade to LR AWD. Good luck!

Thanks so much for your input! Yes. I’m doing remarkably well post accident.

You’re spot on. The dual motor is coming out to the same price as my LR RWD so that’s a win (bc white exterior is now free)!

I think wrapping the dash will hold me over. If anyone has any pics of a modded black interior please share!

Not exactly the question you're asking, but there are leather ceramic treatments...I got some stuff from Gyeon for my (black) interior Model 3 but never got around to applying it. I don't know how well they work on Tesla's material, but given how awesome ceramic is for the outside of the car, might add some more stain resistance to the white seats.

EDIT: Glad you're ok!

Reactions: Sherlo
I have never had a car with a white interior, but would get a Model 3 with one!

The only concern would be keeping it clean, so that would be my only "hangup"

I hear a lot of reports that the interior looks bigger with the white than with the black interior!

Not exactly the question you're asking, but there are leather ceramic treatments...I got some stuff from Gyeon for my (black) interior Model 3 but never got around to applying it. I don't know how well they work on Tesla's material, but given how awesome ceramic is for the outside of the car, might add some more stain resistance to the white seats.

EDIT: Glad you're ok!

Tried ceramic coating. Still stained sadly.

• Informative
Reactions: woodisgood
WOOOOOOOOOW. So glad you walked away from that.

I chose black because I had tan seats in a Lexus IS 250 many years ago and swore to never ever have light colored seats. The lightest I've gone is red seats in my BMW M235xi and Acura MDX and those were easy to maintain.

If you want lighten up the interior with the black seats - may be consider white wrap for the interior.

Satin_White.jpg

I chose black because I had tan seats in a Lexus IS 250 many years ago and swore to never ever have light colored seats. The lightest I've gone is red seats in my BMW M235xi and Acura MDX and those were easy to maintain.

If you want lighten up the interior with the black seats - may be consider white wrap for the interior.

View attachment 464563

Yeah looks great! Thanks!

View attachment 464563

NOOOOO! WHY? Reminds me of cars that have one panel the wrong color after an accident or something.

Looks even more silly than the black armrest in the white interior (Tesla should really fix that).

Oh, it breaks my heart to see your car all crunched and on its side like that. I'm so glad your hand wound wasn't serious.

I understand the math of totaling a car, but it's also weird looking at your photo. There's so much of the car that's probably just fine. I guess they salvage that for parts.

Anyway, to your question. If white had been available when we ordered, we probably would have gotten it for the coolness factor. I don't mean "cool" in the stylish sense, but for temperature. We live in Sacramento, where it's often over 100F on summer days. So we got black since that's all there was. Since the white came out, I've heard so many stories of folks struggling with stains from food, blue jeans, leaky pens, whatever. And so now I'm really glad we got black. It can be a skin-scorcher on a hot day when the sun hits it directly and I forget to pre-cool a few minutes before getting in. But we manage with that, and it sure is easy to keep looking pristine. In short, if I were buying today, I'd choose the black interior.

Oh, it breaks my heart to see your car all crunched and on its side like that. I'm so glad your hand wound wasn't serious.

I understand the math of totaling a car, but it's also weird looking at your photo. There's so much of the car that's probably just fine. I guess they salvage that for parts.

Anyway, to your question. If white had been available when we ordered, we probably would have gotten it for the coolness factor. I don't mean "cool" in the stylish sense, but for temperature. We live in Sacramento, where it's often over 100F on summer days. So we got black since that's all there was. Since the white came out, I've heard so many stories of folks struggling with stains from food, blue jeans, leaky pens, whatever. And so now I'm really glad we got black. It can be a skin-scorcher on a hot day when the sun hits it directly and I forget to pre-cool a few minutes before getting in. But we manage with that, and it sure is easy to keep looking pristine. In short, if I were buying today, I'd choose the black interior.

Thanks! Yeah, the battery was somehow damaged by this. Geico gave me 50K-1k deductible. I'm happy with that amount.

I agree with you. If there was no pre-cool feature I would be doing white in a heart beat. Definitely tinting as soon as I can which helps a lot.

It really depends on your situation with regards to interior color (i.e. kids, dogs, activities in which lots of dirt occurs, etc.)

I recently sold my white on black LR AWD the same day I took delivery for my white on white performance.

For me, the white is SO much better - especially here in AZ (I can totally tell the difference).

The white is softer for sure. I had residue show up on my black interior, so it's still susceptible to showing stuff as well...

I'm extremely glad I went with white interior this time. It's absolutely stunning and the car feels much more open and airy too!

Reactions: XLR82XS and omar
NOOOOO! WHY? Reminds me of cars that have one panel the wrong color after an accident or something.

Looks even more silly than the black armrest in the white interior (Tesla should really fix that).

I've got both the M3 and an Audi RS6 with a white interior. Both have black-dominated dashboards/trim/arm-rests with not a hint of white. I would not expect Tesla to have differentiated parts for the interior trim pieces.