TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

can someone tell me if this is a good deal? CPO

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Teegray1124, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Teegray1124

Teegray1124 Member

#1 Teegray1124, Jan 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
    I am in the market of buy a tesla and one of the Pre-owned advisors I had been speaking with for a couple days provided this to me. It is a 2013 model. Can someone way in..She included pics but indicated this would be refurb and look 10 times better than it does now.
    file-page1.jpg image004.jpg image006.jpg

2. MsElectric

MsElectric Active Member

Sounds like a really good deal actually.

The only caveat is make sure it has the Tech Package. IMHO I would not buy a Model S without all the goodies that come with the Tech Package. If this car does not have the Tech Package just wait for one with it for around the same price. Otherwise $43K for a 85KWh car with sound, air, and leather is quite a nice deal.

3. No2DinosaurFuel

This is a really good deal. Anything less than 45K for p85 right now is pretty hot imo. I say go for it before someone else snatches it up. Even without tech package it is a good deal. It has the usual suspects like pano and air. Those two usually pushes the price of tesla way up from my experience.

4. TEUNTSLA

TEUNTSLA Member

enquire about the safety feature hardware in place, that year may not have the lane departure or auto pilot so keep that in mind.
    otherwise that looks to be an appropriate price.

5. KJD

KJD Member

The miles are a little high, but the price makes this a killer deal.

As far as not having the tech package, just buy an iPhone and you will have a better Navigation system than what Tesla offers.

6. Teegray1124

Teegray1124 Member

so what really does the tech package include?

7. MsElectric

MsElectric Active Member

Unless I'm mistaken, Tech Package adds the following. Personally I would not buy a Model S without the tech package. Especially the Power Lift Gate is a big must for us and so are cornering fog lights. They are really useful at night for illuminating curbs and the street you are turning into.

Autopilot convenience features available through software updates (For cars built after ~ October 2014)
    LED cornering lights, and fog lamps
    Automatic keyless entry
    Lighted door handles
    Power liftgate
    Electrochromatic mirrors
    Power folding, heated side mirrors with memory
    GPS enabled homelink

8. RAM_Eh

RAM_Eh Member

Early Vin Numbers like this did not have the folding mirrors...FYI

9. Zaphod

Zaphod Galaxy President (former)

Autopilot and lane departure are not even close to be available with that low of VIN.

- - - Updated - - -

Correct, no parking sensors either.

10. Teegray1124

Teegray1124 Member

Im waiting on her reply on the tech package, if she confirms, Ill pull the trigger.

- - - Updated - - -

will do, waiting on her reply

11. DougH

DougH Active Member

Are you able to go see the car and drive it first?

12. Teegray1124

Teegray1124 Member

No i wont I live in texas, car is in Florida.

13. DougH

DougH Active Member

If it makes you feel any better, I bought pretty much the same car with only a few more options and less miles for $72K early last year.

14. MrJones390

MrJones390 Space Boat

VERY GOOD DEAL

I bet it doesn't have parking sensors but that's okay.

15. DougH

DougH Active Member

Parking sensors started around 18K VIN.

16. Electric700

Electric700 Member

I think that for 2013, the Tech Package includes navigation as well. I know that for the mid-2014s it did, but I believe starting with the Autopilot hardware launch late in 2014, all cars now have navigation as standard. There's also the possibility that it's included with Firmware Version 7.0+.

17. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Wow what a great price, even allowing for the fact that it does not have the Tech Package and Parking Sensors. It's got a lot of great options like the Pano Roof and Air Suspension and UHFS.
    I assume that as a CPO car it comes with a full 4 year / 50K mile factory warranty and the balance of the drivetrain warranty?

18. JPUConn

JPUConn Member

Price is not bad but not w/out a warranty and I won't buy one with 21" wheels for several reasons but there are other posts for that.

I would confirm that this is a CPO car and not just a used re-sale from Tesla. When I spoke to my pre-owned adviser recently he told me about a separate segment of cars they will sell 'cheap' that don't qualify for CPO due to prior accident history, wear and tear requiring more conditioning than worth (e.g. need of a repaint or re-upholstery), or over 60k miles that can't be CPO'd.

19. Jool

Jool Member

The price is very good, even for an early model! Just make sure that it is considered a CPO and comes with the CPO 4 year/50k mile warranty.

20. Cowby

Cowby Member

ugh....you do know that by posting that info....someone could easily snatch it from you if sold by Tesla, right?....I would've blacked out that VIN.....or place a deposit on it stat so as to lock it in...as most people have chimed in here...that's a steal!