Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can someone tell me what services expires after a year

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Your post history makes you look like a troll. But if this is a serious question:

Currently nothing expires at 1 year. Maybe sometime it will, but they have not implemented any expirations.

Do you have a short range car without the premium interior? Those were never supposed to have traffic. In that case it did not expire as you were never supposed to have it. I do not think Tesla has ever said that they would allow people to upgrade, but it seems like something they should do.

• Disagree
Reactions: FlatSix911
Your post history makes you look like a troll. But if this is a serious question:

Currently nothing expires at 1 year. Maybe sometime it will, but they have not implemented any expirations.

Do you have a short range car without the premium interior? Those were never supposed to have traffic. In that case it did not expire as you were never supposed to have it. I do not think Tesla has ever said that they would allow people to upgrade, but it seems like something they should do.

Geee....thanks for calling me a troll.... I was just asking if anything expires... So Free LTE, Spotify, Updates, etc.... That's what I was asking... These days, nothing is free... I was asking because I noticed that my traffic stopped working. Maybe it's something else. I was just asking.

Geee....thanks for calling me a troll.... I was just asking if anything expires... So Free LTE, Spotify, Updates, etc.... That's what I was asking... These days, nothing is free... I was asking because I noticed that my traffic stopped working. Maybe it's something else. I was just asking.
Sorry if it was a serious question. I clicked on your name, then clicked "postings" and it looks like 100% of your posts relate to random complaints about Tesla. Which to me looks like someone just trying stir up commotion.

Reactions: electrictorque

Spotify I can't speak to as I'm in the US, but our Not As Good As Spotify analog has not yet expired for anyone, though the service does tip over now and again.

Updates will always be a thing; if the car's LTE service stops being free for general use, Tesla has stated that "important" (i. e. safety-related) updates will still be pushed via LTE; all updates should be available via wireless networks.

Tesla has stated that when they do start charging for the cellular services, the expected price will be around $100/year.

More details from Electrek... Tesla starts monitoring data use ahead of starting to charge for connectivity - Electrek

Last summer, the automaker started introducing different tiers of connectivity:
  • Standard Connectivity offers basic maps & navigation, music & media over Bluetooth® and software updates over Wi-Fi. Note: Important safety updates will continue to be available over the car’s cellular connection.
  • Premium Connectivity adds satellite-view maps with live traffic visualization, in-car streaming music & media, an internet browser (for Model S and Model X), and over-the-air software updates via Wi-Fi and cellular.
Tesla still includes the “Premium Connectivity” package with most cars, except for the base versions of the Model 3.
However, they have yet to offer an option for people who don’t have it to upgrade to the “Premium Connectivity” package.
CEO Elon Musk said that they should start to offer it soon, and Tesla has been guiding a price of about US $100 per year.
Ahead of the change, some owners are reporting that Tesla is starting to add a data usage counter in their vehicle (hat tip to Andrew):

Tesla-data-usage-e1569352353540.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Phlier
More details from Electrek... Tesla starts monitoring data use ahead of starting to charge for connectivity - Electrek

Last summer, the automaker started introducing different tiers of connectivity:
  • Standard Connectivity offers basic maps & navigation, music & media over Bluetooth® and software updates over Wi-Fi. Note: Important safety updates will continue to be available over the car’s cellular connection.
  • Premium Connectivity adds satellite-view maps with live traffic visualization, in-car streaming music & media, an internet browser (for Model S and Model X), and over-the-air software updates via Wi-Fi and cellular.
Tesla still includes the “Premium Connectivity” package with most cars, except for the base versions of the Model 3.
However, they have yet to offer an option for people who don’t have it to upgrade to the “Premium Connectivity” package.
CEO Elon Musk said that they should start to offer it soon, and Tesla has been guiding a price of about US $100 per year.
Ahead of the change, some owners are reporting that Tesla is starting to add a data usage counter in their vehicle (hat tip to Andrew):

Tesla-data-usage-e1569352353540.jpg

I hate that article. It’s full of assumptions and less-than-facts.

yes, a counter was added to PRE RELEASE SOFTWARE.

This is also software where they’re asking folks to test a service (Netflix & YouTube) over LTE, that in the future, will only be available via WiFi.

So electrek writes up this scare-em article and never mentions any of that. Very disingenuous.

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
I hate that article. It’s full of assumptions and less-than-facts. yes, a counter was added to PRE RELEASE SOFTWARE.

This is also software where they’re asking folks to test a service (Netflix & YouTube) over LTE, that in the future, will only be available via WiFi.

So electrek writes up this scare-em article and never mentions any of that. Very disingenuous.

Just because you don't like the facts does not mean they are incorrect... :cool:

Just because you don't like the facts does not mean they are incorrect... :cool:

The issue is that the article flatly makes presumptions and presents them as fact.

The article said:
Tesla is starting to monitor data usage in its vehicles, which has always been free, but the automaker is now planning to start to charge for connectivity.

No specific such plans have been announced other than "maybe eventualy upgrading folks with the SR+ for something like $100/year". And that's just the first sentence of the article.

The issue is that the article flatly makes presumptions and presents them as fact.

No specific such plans have been announced other than "maybe eventualy upgrading folks with the SR+ for something like $100/year". And that's just the first sentence of the article.

Exactly right. It makes assumptions that are not necessarily grounded in reality.

Sorry if it was a serious question. I clicked on your name, then clicked "postings" and it looks like 100% of your posts relate to random complaints about Tesla. Which to me looks like someone just trying stir up commotion.

Uh, how many people come to these forums saying "I love my model 3..."... Most come here to get some resolution of some issue they have with Tesla

• Funny
Reactions: Cjminear