Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can someone tell me where this was supposed to go?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had tesla mobile service come replace a headlight under warranty. I found this little rubber gasket in the frunk. The tech obviously didn’t replace it properly. Where does it go? 18 s.
C6C0DFBA-AACC-46B7-8AA3-20536826C912.jpeg

I just looked on the parts catalog (epc.tesla.com) and i don't see the item you describe in the frunk latch area although that is where it looks like it would go. I was about to look at the headlight breakdown but i cant find that section and I'm going to lunch now. But its not from the bumper panel as I've pulled that off several times and never seen a part that looks like that. So its either part of the headlight assembly or a sub-component of the frunk latch mechanism. either way its prob not very important but late if nobody has figured it out I'll take another look around the parts diagrams and service manual and see if i can find out.

Ive tried emailing them. Email never goes through. For 210 an hour you would think their service would be perfect. I cannot figure out where it would go….
Tesla (read Elon) does not want customers interacting through phones or any other quick conversations. You're supposed to schedule a service appointment on the app, then explain your questions to the mobile tech when they text you or when they show up.

Ever wonder why Tesla is not profitable if not for carbon credits and bitcoin flip profit? This is one example, something that could likely be taken care of with a quick phone call, is forced to be a mobile tech appointment. On the bright side, the tech will be able to explain it to you and/or reinstall the gasket in the latch.

I had tesla mobile service come replace a headlight under warranty. I found this little rubber gasket in the frunk. The tech obviously didn’t replace it properly. Where does it go? 18 s.

It goes on the apron on the front of frunk where the latch from hood goes in. See attached picture. If it is missing from the apron, you are most likely going to need a new apron. It happened to me where that part you are holding had started separating from apron assembly and Tesla service replaced the whole apron for me (under warranty).

Attachments

• 20210606_104312_copy_1600x1200.jpg
    20210606_104312_copy_1600x1200.jpg
    270.3 KB · Views: 48
  • 20210606_104327_copy_1600x726.jpg
    20210606_104327_copy_1600x726.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 58