Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can someone with AWD-non P post a photo of the rear motor to see if it's actually smaller.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you tell me where to look on my laptop motherboard to see if the CPU has been underclocked?

Check BIOS

Back in the day, AMD processors used to have physical differences in processors binned for underclocking. There was a visible laser cut on the chip that people used to connect via pencil lead.

AFAIK there hasn't been a teardown of a Non-P AWD Model 3 so we have no 3rd party confirmation that the rear motors are identical. Physical proof does give a certain peace of mind to people, even if it's just a photo of the part number being the same.

Last edited:
The confirmation the motors are the same is the vin is the same for p and regular awd

If the motors were different the vin would be too

The output difference is software. (Which is even more obvious given the epa numbers say the p only adds 30 horsepower which clearly isn’t the difference shown in actual acceleration)

People need to start accepting this and getting over it.

Or they can go tear apart a brand new $60,000 car just to find the same parts I guess.

• Love
Reactions: J1mbo and P85_DA
Btw here’s electrek reporting on the p pics

Where they’re saying the same thing-

electrek said:
As we previously reported, the Model 3 Performance features the same powertrain as the standard Dual Motor Model 3...

...Therefore, we can assume that this first look under the Tesla Model 3 Performance should also serve as a reference for the Model 3 Dual Motor AWD.

Take a first look under the Tesla Model 3 Performance

• Helpful
Reactions: gavine and P85_DA