Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can someone with FSD help me out with a picture?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Wnuk

Jul 9, 2017
PA
I am looking at a 2018 LR AWD for sale. The seller is telling me it has FSD but I believe it only has EAP based on the attached picture. In the autopilot screen it shows “summon”. If it had FSD shouldn’t it show “advanced summon”? Since it is a dealer they do not have the original sticker. Is there any northern way to verify it has FSD? TIA

E2318D6F-44D4-4874-8D34-6C22BFFC5C53.jpeg

For a car that has EAP (as opposed to "standard AP", which is included on new cars now), you're not going to be able to tell if it has FSD or not, since NoA and Summon are included with EAP as well.

Best bet is to contact Tesla at their customer service number and explain the issue and ask if they can confirm whether the car in question has FSD or not.

...If it had FSD shouldn’t it show “advanced summon”?...

No.

Advanced Summon, Enhanced Summon... are now frequently called "Smart Summon" but the only word you can see on the menu or order web page is "Summon".

Without the proof of a receipt (Monroney window sticker, paid receipt, account page screen capture...) there's no way telling with the car's autopilot menu on whether it has EAP or FSD.

You still need proof that the car was paid with EAP or FSD because some owners didn't pay for them and still have had them because of a software mistake and you need the proof receipt in case Tesla would crackdown and take those features away from you.

They should have access to Tesla.com or the previous owner should have provided proof. It should have an invoice and not just say Full Self Driving Capability.

View attachment 475755

To complicate matters, here is what mine looks like for a car that I bought FSD with at configuration time. No extra invoice. Think you need the purchase agreement from Tesla to be sure.

20191111_163954.jpg

So the dealer will get the title tomorrow and then can setup an account with Tesla to see exactly what it has. The car was traded in and he bought it at auction. At the time he was told it had FSD but has no proof of that as of yet.

The car is a 2018 LR AWD Blue with about 15K miles. It surely has EAP. VIN is 185XXX. I fear if it doesn’t not have FSD and he bought it thinking it did, he may have overpaid.

I am looking at a 2018 LR AWD for sale. The seller is telling me it has FSD but I believe it only has EAP based on the attached picture. In the autopilot screen it shows “summon”. If it had FSD shouldn’t it show “advanced summon”? Since it is a dealer they do not have the original sticker. Is there any northern way to verify it has FSD? TIA

View attachment 475744
I'm looking at the same car will be curious to see what these guys come back with. Btw I posted a similar question this weekend in another thread. Responses were the same. This dealer is going to need to provide the details.