Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can someone with next-gen rear seats verify something for me?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The plastic guide at the top of the rear (Feb build next-gen) middle seat belt came off (images are here: http://imgur.com/a/JRoGh), and I can't seem to figure out how one might actually re-attach it. There is a metal bar just inside the seat that would seem to fit right into a little trough in the plastic part, securing it. However, even when I pressed it down onto the metal bar firmly, while making sure the plastic fits where it should, the bolstering and leather is much too think in that area to actually allow the part to secure itself. The result is, the plastic part just sort of sits there loosely, waiting for the next person to tug it down. As far as I can tell, the plastic part is not broken or cracked, just simply a non-functional/improperly designed part to begin with.

My question is:

Is anyone else's next-gen rear seat like this? You can tell by gently lifting the plastic seat belt guide to see if it has any resistance. Mine has virtually none -- the piece just sits there essentially unattached except for the seatbelt tension keeping it in place.

Just went out and checked mine (build 9-2015; gray next gen), and the plastic piece in question is firmly in place. I only gently attempted to see if it was loose -- I didn't try prying it. I suspect you may need to call your SC or drop by -- hopefully something quick they can pop back in when someone knows the trick. Good luck.

Just went out and checked mine (build 9-2015; gray next gen), and the plastic piece in question is firmly in place. I only gently attempted to see if it was loose -- I didn't try prying it. I suspect you may need to call your SC or drop by -- hopefully something quick they can pop back in when someone knows the trick. Good luck.

Thanks very much! I've got an LTE upgrade on the way, so will have them address then.