TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

can summon turn the car as is backs out of a garage?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by gbrgbr, Jun 26, 2018.

1. gbrgbr

gbrgbr Member

since my garage is perpendicular to the garage, backing straight out is of no use to me. can summon back the car out of the garage and turn it 90 degrees?

2. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 90D 2018.32.4

Not yet but eventually it should have that capability.

upload_2018-6-26_13-1-46.png

• Like x 1
  3. chronopc

chronopc Active Member

Will summon avoid obstacles? Let's say it's a little bit too close to a wall will it move away from the wall?

4. MorrisonHiker

It should. Sometimes it will see obstacles but you need to be careful in case it doesn't see them. It also depends on the shape of the obstacle.

When I use Summon on my S, it will turn the wheels slightly and so far it has always avoided obstacles and centered itself when going through the garage door. Also if you stand close to it, it can sense you and will try to avoid you. There are settings where you can indicate if your garage is a tight fit and I think it will allow it to get even closer to the front/side walls of the garage.

• Informative x 1
  5. chronopc

chronopc Active Member

Nice I want to park as close to one side as possible since my GF also parks in the garage.

6. MorrisonHiker

This article shows the settings on the 3 and summon in action:
    First look at Tesla Model 3 Summon feature in action

You can see that it allows you to set bumper clearance, side clearance, etc.