Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

can summon turn the car as is backs out of a garage?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
since my garage is perpendicular to the garage, backing straight out is of no use to me. can summon back the car out of the garage and turn it 90 degrees?
Not yet but eventually it should have that capability.

upload_2018-6-26_13-1-46.png

Reactions: Ludalicious
Will summon avoid obstacles? Let's say it's a little bit too close to a wall will it move away from the wall?
It should. Sometimes it will see obstacles but you need to be careful in case it doesn't see them. It also depends on the shape of the obstacle.

When I use Summon on my S, it will turn the wheels slightly and so far it has always avoided obstacles and centered itself when going through the garage door. Also if you stand close to it, it can sense you and will try to avoid you. There are settings where you can indicate if your garage is a tight fit and I think it will allow it to get even closer to the front/side walls of the garage.

• Informative
Reactions: ℬête Noire
It should. Sometimes it will see obstacles but you need to be careful in case it doesn't see them. It also depends on the shape of the obstacle.

When I use Summon on my S, it will turn the wheels slightly and so far it has always avoided obstacles and centered itself when going through the garage door. Also if you stand close to it, it can sense you and will try to avoid you. There are settings where you can indicate if your garage is a tight fit and I think it will allow it to get even closer to the front/side walls of the garage.
Nice I want to park as close to one side as possible since my GF also parks in the garage.