Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can Tesla backup switch be allowed in JCP&L (First Energy) in NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone who installed Tesla solar with PW+ and backup switch got PTO from JCP&L (First Energy) in NJ ? I have Tesla solar roof (15kW with 3PW+) installed last November and passed inspection this Feb and waiting on PTO. Tesla told me my interconnection application got rejected since backup switch and meter are same place but our backup switch is installed in different box so I am confused.

Attachments

• IMG_1590.jpg
    IMG_1590.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 217
Anyone who installed Tesla solar with PW+ and backup switch got PTO from JCP&L (First Energy) in NJ ? I have Tesla solar roof (15kW with 3PW+) installed last November and passed inspection this Feb and waiting on PTO. Tesla told me my interconnection application got rejected since backup switch and meter are same place but our backup switch is installed in different box so I am confused.
Send that picture to your utility. I think they misunderstand their area of responsibility.

Unless your rules are different, wires from a meter socket, to the customers distribution panel are customer owned and so the utility has no say over them.

It appears to me that you have the grid feeding the utility meter which feeds the backup switch.

I suspect the utility is confused.

Send that picture to your utility. I think they misunderstand their area of responsibility.

Unless your rules are different, wires from a meter socket, to the customers distribution panel are customer owned and so the utility has no say over them.

It appears to me that you have the grid feeding the utility meter which feeds the backup switch.

I suspect the utility is confused.
Thanks for information and I will do that.