Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can TESLA change the amount in the agreed ordering agreement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all..
I need a legal advise here. I ordered MSLR back in March2021 at that time the order page was open and total cost was set and I have a copy of the original ordering. Yesterday and after a wait of almost 22 months, they sent me a new ordering agreement with the total amount more that what was agreed in the original agreement (which luckily I kept a copy). The different is around equivalent to USD1500.
My question here, can TESLA change the amount? although on a multiple occasion when I used to enquire about the Delivery date, they told me that changes in price wll not affect my agreement. What are my options now?

Hi all..
I need a legal advise here. I ordered MSLR back in March2021 at that time the order page was open and total cost was set and I have a copy of the original ordering. Yesterday and after a wait of almost 22 months, they sent me a new ordering agreement with the total amount more that what was agreed in the original agreement (which luckily I kept a copy). The different is around equivalent to USD1500.
My question here, can TESLA change the amount? although on a multiple occasion when I used to enquire about the Delivery date, they told me that changes in price wll not affect my agreement. What are my options now?
It's not nice to do that but Tesla did that with solar roof price increase and only backed down due to the lawsuit:

What was the price difference? $1500 sounds like delivery, taxes, or something minor. Was the item that changed price part of your original order agreement?
For sure not the delivery charges:

Here is my Original Ordering agreement:

Model S Long Range 369,990.00 AED
Pearl White Muli-Coat Included
19" Tempest Wheels Included
All Black Premium Interior with Ebony Décor Included
Yoke Steering Wheel Included
Autopilot Included
Enhanced Autopilot 14,100.00 AED
Destnation and Document Fee 3,680.00 AED
Price excluding VAT 369,304.76 AED Price Including VAT 387,770.00 AED
VAT (5%) 18,465.24 AED
Price Including VAT 387,770.00 AED
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Price after the new invoice:

Model S Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive 374,990.00 AED
Pearl White Mul􀀇-Coat Included
19" Tempest Wheels Included
All Black Premium Interior with Ebony Décor Included
Yoke Steering Included
Autopilot Included
Enhanced Autopilot 14,100.00 AED
Destination and Document Fee 3,680.00 AED
Price excluding VAT 374,066.67 AED Price Including VAT 392,770.00 AED
VAT (5%) 18,703.33 AED
Price Including VAT 392,770.00 AED

As you can see, the price difference in in the Base Car (first line item)..The difference in our currency is AED5000 which is around 1500USD.
The Delivery/Taxes/VAT are all included in the original agreement.

There’s doing it now on lots of orders since they slashed prices. You want to sue them because they changed the price in the agreed upon order agreement?
Sorry…..perfect timing for a response to this type of post.

There’s doing it now on lots of orders since they slashed prices. You want to sue them because they changed the price in the agreed upon order agreement?
Sorry…..perfect timing for a response to this type of post.
My price increased.. it did not decrease so far. I wouldn't be complaining if it was reduced.. and Yea. perfect timing :)

Wow 5% VAT! In Europe were used to 4x times that.

Contact you service advisor and send him the original agreements. He should be able to sort it for you. Anyway... Model S price has been lowered, so they might also lower it now on your order.
20% VAT? Maaan y’all need to start throwing some tea into a harbor because that’s crazy!

Sure! In Spain we have 21% VAT. The top income tax rate is 47% and then VAT is 21%, so for every Euro you earn.. you end up paying nearly 70% in taxes. Insane!

And when you buy a vehicle that is new there is also a ‘license plate tax’ which is between 4-14% depending on the CO2 emissions (thankfully EVs are 0% at the moment)… so it’s not rare to end up paying 30-35% in taxes when buying a new car.

Reactions: AMPd
Hey agaladari, just for reference, you're not the only one where Tesla has increased the agreed upon price after accepting the "Motor Vehicle Order Agreement". If Tesla had a better PR team and come up with a solution to deal with the crazy price cut and fluctuations, rather than to resorting to legal means. Maybe a "low price guarantee" so if the price drops within 30 days you'll still get the lower price. Everyone wins: as customers will not speculate on MSRP fluctuations and "buy it now"; Tesla will get more commitment to purchase today than to wait.

See post here: Order price changed by $5K!!

Also lesson learned, save a hard copy of whatever you sign.