Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can Tesla mobile charger gen 2 be used with j1772?

F14Scott

Apr 7, 2019
Houston
I have the linked Lectron adapter and use it with my MINI SE, sharing my 60 Amp breaker with two Gen 2 HPWCs that are connected with the communication cable, so that I can charge the SE and my wife's TM3 simultaneously.

The Tesla nozzle plugs into the Lectron adapter and is held by a small, red, spring-loaded clip. It is secure (does not slip out), but it is not lockable.

The J-1772 nozzle has a loop in its latch that allows the insertion of a shackle of a padlock to prevent the user from depressing the latch and releasing the J-1772 end from the car.

So if one uses a padlock (or if one's car has a mechanism that grabs the nozzle, as the SE does when the doors are locked), the worst that will happen is that a vandal could unplug the Tesla nozzle from the adapter, leaving the Lectron dangling from the car.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC