Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can Tesla Model 3 height be increased?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The car is very reliable.

My impression is that you've decided you will buy a Model 3 and are looking for solutions to possible problems.

Range is doable as long as you realize that once you make that 200 mile trip you will need to charge for many hours. (Only superchargers in Africa are in Morocco.)

The problem is that if some issue comes up that your EV tech friend can't fix, I don't know how you could fix it.

Here's an article about someone in Lagos who has a model X.

The car is very reliable.

My impression is that you've decided you will buy a Model 3 and are looking for solutions to possible problems.

Range is doable as long as you realize that once you make that 200 mile trip you will need to charge for many hours. (Only superchargers in Africa are in Morocco.)

The problem is that if some issue comes up that your EV tech friend can't fix, I don't know how you could fix it.

Here's an article about someone in Lagos who has a model X.

Thank you so much

What about the reliability of Tesla model 3?
What are the problems of Tesla model 3 if any?
I agree that the cars are very reliable. Little to worry about unless there's something initially. Often those issues are cosmetic. Some, including me, would check out the alignment right away, just because it's off not infrequently. At least for North American cars. Otherwise, there's not much to worry about at all.

Reactions: Simon Nweke
Thank you for your response. SOMETHING UNEXPECTED UNDERLINE. Please what could that be be? Has anyone experience immediate battery drainage unexpectedly while on the highway? What could possibly happen? Your kind response would be appreciated. Thanks
I mean more like trip unexpected things like you forgot you mother in law and your wife forces you to drive back 1,5h to pick her up, big traffic jam, like longer reroute because blocked road...

Last edited:
Are you talking new or used? Are they officially sold there, or will you have to import, and potentially have no warranty whether new or used? Can you afford to write it off if the worst happens - battery failure? Worth thinking about.
Thank you. In order to avoid early warranty issues, I would go for used one. I will buy from the USA possibly CA or NJ where a friend of mine lives. On the battery, I have checked amazon and Ebay, I saw used batteries for sale and refurbished ones price ranges from 5k to 9k dollars. Also I saw many body parts at Ebay. I am doing this research to enable me make a good decision like I did when I purchased my Lexus LS 460L 2010 Executive options and I am enjoying it 3 years down the line.
I am open to advice from users of Tesla model 3 long range. Thank you

Reactions: tm1v2 and DrGriz
Thank you. In order to avoid early warranty issues, I would go for used one. I will buy from the USA possibly CA or NJ where a friend of mine lives. On the battery, I have checked amazon and Ebay, I saw used batteries for sale and refurbished ones price ranges from 5k to 9k dollars. Also I saw many body parts at Ebay. I am doing this research to enable me make a good decision like I did when I purchased my Lexus LS 460L 2010 Executive options and I am enjoying it 3 years down the line.
I am open to advice from users of Tesla model 3 long range. Thank you

Wow OK! Seems you know what you're getting into and willing to blaze a trail! I have traditionally always bought older cars and kept them going myself doing any type of job including engine-outs. But with EVs plus getting on in age and having all my free time taken up by young kids, I didn't dare keep up that philosophy and wanted new with warranty. Then I realised buying brand new just isn't in my DNA, so bought 1 year old instead for a much better deal, but that's another story!

So good luck to you! People like you will help encourage a repair industry that EVs really need. My wife is from Malaysia and I just know that over there, very soon if not already, dilapidated looking small mechanic garages will be dropping batteries from EVs and fixing them cheap like it's no big deal. Sadly I don't see that taking off here in Norway any time soon. All the best. M3 is great!

Wow OK! Seems you know what you're getting into and willing to blaze a trail! I have traditionally always bought older cars and kept them going myself doing any type of job including engine-outs. But with EVs plus getting on in age and having all my free time taken up by young kids, I didn't dare keep up that philosophy and wanted new with warranty. Then I realised buying brand new just isn't in my DNA, so bought 1 year old instead for a much better deal, but that's another story!

So good luck to you! People like you will help encourage a repair industry that EVs really need. My wife is from Malaysia and I just know that over there, very soon if not already, dilapidated looking small mechanic garages will be dropping batteries from EVs and fixing them cheap like it's no big deal. Sadly I don't see that taking off here in Norway any time soon. All the best. M3 is great!
Thank you. My 2 brother inlaws lives in Norway and they are on the que for their first EV as they inform me though I don't know the product but I suspect VW ID4.

Reactions: LiamPope
Hahaha this is hilarious. What do you think I should do if I found myself in this situation while driving the Tesla
Find a new wife...

It seams that you know the situation really well and you like the model 3.

I just took last week a M3LR and with one week of ownership I can tell it is the best car I have ever had. Maybe the best car I have ever driven. I am originally from Brazil, there Tesla is not present, there is no warranty or service centers, lots of roads in bad conditions, there is little to no charging infrastructure and still people who are enthusiasts of the car find their way to make it work for them. It requires effort, more planning and some creativity on charging solutions, but it is possible.

Find a new wife...

It seams that you know the situation really well and you like the model 3.

I just took last week a M3LR and with one week of ownership I can tell it is the best car I have ever had. Maybe the best car I have ever driven. I am originally from Brazil, there Tesla is not present, there is no warranty or service centers, lots of roads in bad conditions, there is little to no charging infrastructure and still people who are enthusiasts of the car find their way to make it work for them. It requires effort, more planning and some creativity on charging solutions, but it is possible.
Thank you

This sounds like an amazing adventure! Do you already have a 32-60amp circuit to charge the car at home and at your furthest destination? Ideally you want two Tesla Wall Connectors and two 60amp circuits so you can add miles back at 40 or so miles per hour.

If I tell my wife about this post she’ll say Ah NEPA!!
Hahahaha. You are conversant with NEPA. WELL were I base we have power constantly.

This sounds like an amazing adventure! Do you already have a 32-60amp circuit to charge the car at home and at your furthest destination? Ideally you want two Tesla Wall Connectors and two 60amp circuits so you can add miles back at 40 or so miles per hour.

If I tell my wife about this post she’ll say Ah NEPA!!
Hahahaha. You are conversant with NEPA. WELL were I base we have power constantly. I will use Generator at my home town when I travel but it will be once a while not always.

Reactions: DOOLMTR