Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can Tesla not use the loan until delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just curious if Tesla can just accept the loan before delivery? Applied for loan through Tesla but with the constant delays for delivery it appears it’ll expire before I even get the car. Can they not use it until delivery or what? Seems futile to have me “apply for loan within 30 days of delivery” and then can’t even use it because of them lol

Was told by my SA to select cash and wait until my vin is assigned and let them know that I’m going to finance the vehicle. Bought a Model Y for the wife back in March and didn’t fill out any financial information and it was delivered within 3 weeks of placing my order. This time I ordered a model 3 back in May and still waiting for a delivery date. First it was 7-11 weeks… then November…then no delivery date shown and now it says August 22- Sept 11. Delivery dates right now are ridiculous.

Reactions: DDarko
Was told by my SA to select cash and wait until my vin is assigned and let them know that I’m going to finance the vehicle. Bought a Model Y for the wife back in March and didn’t fill out any financial information and it was delivered within 3 weeks of placing my order. This time I ordered a model 3 back in May and still waiting for a delivery date. First it was 7-11 weeks… then November…then no delivery date shown and now it says August 22- Sept 11. Delivery dates right now are ridiculous.
That’s crazy! Yeah I seen a lot of people say switch to cash but I already did the loan and got approved so now it’s just sitting in limbo with the date keep being pushed out now it’s gonna go past the 60 days which means I’ll have to reapply again if I can’t get it extended, which I don’t even know if that’s a thing lol

Just curious if Tesla can just accept the loan before delivery? Applied for loan through Tesla but with the constant delays for delivery it appears it’ll expire before I even get the car. Can they not use it until delivery or what? Seems futile to have me “apply for loan within 30 days of delivery” and then can’t even use it because of them lol
I ordered a Model S in March and obtained pre-approval for an auto loan through my bank at a lower rate. Tesla matched my banks lower loan percentage over the same term and guaranteed this rate until delivery.