Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can Tesla Unassign my VIN due to pending approvals on their part?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This might sound more like a rant than a question, but can Tesla unassign my VIN for an existing inventory car that I made a deposit for, because I was waiting on Tesla to complete my steps (trade-in valuation)?

Here's the situation. So I put the $100 deposit on a M3 that was on existing inventory (there were only 4 left when I did it). I was going through the trade-in process (waiting for Tesla to respond with the valuation) when I was called to confirm delivery for the car the day after. I told the guy that I was waiting on my trade-in valuation, and he said he'll reschedule. So, I kept going, got my valuation, allied for financing (got approved in 10 mins) and I was like I'm good now.
So the next day, I logged into my account and the VIN number disappeared! So I called the SC and I was told it was unassigned to me and the next person confirmed delivery. I asked them why it got unassigned, and was told "because I was not ready for delivery, it was assigned to the next person and they confirmed delivery and they couldnt get it back.". They told me that they'll assign me one as soon as one is available (which I doubt).

I'm guessing since it's the new quarter, I'll have to wait a couple of months now(which I was trying to avoid by choosing one that was available here), and have to go through this again.

Not being harsh, but Tesla does what Tesla does.
You probably would have been better confirming and if everything wasn't complete in time, they would have either pushed delivery back or unassigned and you would be in the same situation you are now, waiting for the next boat with a new delivery of Tesla's.

Upvote 0