Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can the GPS give me turn by turn audible - Model S 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2016 model S and the GPS does not give turn by turn audible. Can I turn that on? Is there a GPS setting besides what is on the screen? I see I can turn on the charging stations, lights and change the view but that is the only things I can change. I would like to get audible nav as well as be able to re-route if there is traffic. Wondering if there is a way to make these changes.

There are independent volume settings for each music/entertainment, Navigation, and Phone. The left scroll wheel on the steering wheel will control the volume of whichever is active at that instant. So if you have active phone call going through bluetooth to car speakers, you can then use the scroll wheel to control volume for the call in progress. If the navigation is giving you directions, you can adjust volume while the directions are currently being broadcast.

There's a few second delay between the switching of audio sources. I'll frequently end up adjusting NAV vs. music as that transition occurs.

Upvote 0
Also, Tesla Voice Command, "Unmute Voice Guidance" The Navigation Voice Volume can be adjusted while the NAV voice is speaking using the volume controls.
This one is a little tricky. If it’s 100% muted you don’t know when it’s speaking. If you catch it for the second or two while it is speaking, the volume scroll wheel will adjust the Nav guidance volume. Otherwise it is just adjusting the music volume.

Start by using the voice command listed above…

Upvote 0
But it does already its quite annoying because it says crap like lake a left onto X street when the correct turn is a right and that road doesn't even go to the left. Or when it says take a left onto highway X every 5 miles when I've been on highway x for the last 200 miles.

Just adjust the volume, i keep it at 1 so i can barely hear it but when it comes up it lowers the music and that alerts me to a turn i prob forgot about.

Upvote 0