Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can the US go 100% BEV new car sales by 2035?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where are all of the battery backup systems to the grid we keep hearing about?
Waiting on permits.
The Governor won't step in and speedup the process
Too busy telling people not to go to Florida and Texas.
What are you guys talking about? You are in Colorado and Texas? Commenting on OUR governor? But we have batteries, we have EVs, we have solar on our roofs. All the power from the power company in my town is from renewable sources, so we pay a little more than TX, but we don't have fracking and oil derricks all over the state, we have geothermal and hydro and giant solar and wind farms and now places like Moss Landing with giant battery packs to save power for when we need it keeping our peaker plants from spinning up, except on really hot days in the middle of summer.

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
In case you don't listen to Forum they did a few episodes on this issue, here is today's:

• Informative
I live in Kentucky I'm all for Wind and Solar. I see very few homes with solar here. They are supposed to be building a Solar Farm in the east central part of the state. The nice thing about this farm is it will be on reclaimed land from a Mining operation. Will Wind and Solar farms lower peoples energy costs

• Helpful
...Will Wind and Solar farms lower peoples energy costs
It should.

The adoption problem is the initial costs.

Private homeowners may hesitate because they don't have money or don't think they will stay there long enough to reap the benefit.

Utility companies may hesitate because:

1) Initial cost
2) competition from private home solar. Some feel monopoly is their religion.