Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can this be real? 150f cabin temperature?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
150F does seem pretty extreme. I've never seen my 3 get up over ~125F. Today it was 90F and even in the full sun, interior hit 118F. I have no tinting done at all, so nothing to block out excess heat.

As for Cabin Overheat Protection, if it was just fan only, not much your car can do if it's really hot outside.

Mine got up to 144 the other day with fan only overheat protection and a windshield cover up. I also have full ceramic tint and the Tesla roof shade.

Full AC overheat protection is back on now, AC smell or not. (I had turned it off to try and remedy smelly AC vents).

20190805_153842.jpg

Yeah I don't know if that's normal or if your temperature sensor is broken.

It's 102F right now in Riverside and I just checked my interior temp and it's only showing 119F with cabin overheat turned on but fan only.

Is this the first time seeing that high of interior temperatures?

The news the other day said inside car temps can get to 170F. So yeah, possible.

I went to check my app at 1pm yesterday and the interior temp said 119F. It started cooling down at that point to below 100F but I couldn’t understand why since I had sat in the car that morning when I went for coffee (was using a Tesla sunshade and a HeatShield on the wondshield. COP is set to be on all the time. No Sentry. This temp increase above 104F does seem to happen on a few occasions. Just wish I understood why. Can’t recall what the highest temp noted was but know it was more than 119F and I was a bit shocked at how high it had gotten.

Last edited:
150F does seem pretty extreme. I've never seen my 3 get up over ~125F. Today it was 90F and even in the full sun, interior hit 118F. I have no tinting done at all, so nothing to block out excess heat.

As for Cabin Overheat Protection, if it was just fan only, not much your car can do if it's really hot outside.

It's absolutely normal. On sunny days my car will be between 140 and 170F.

Here is a screenshot at 152F (I manually added in the 66.7C)
Screenshot_20190728_122011.jpg