Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can TM3 have a rear-facing infant car seat in the center?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello!

Excited to be picking up my TM3 tomorrow. As a new father, I have a question as to where I can safely place my child’s rear-facing car seat. Does a model 3 recommend/allow it being placed in the middle seat? My wife’s bmw does not reccomend this and says the car is not equipped for it, but I was hoping the Model 3 would be!

Any help is appreciated!

Yes, but seat belt only in the middle seat. Latch is only for the window seats. You'll probably also want a narrow width seat, because the two window seats will be almost unusable with a regular width seat. I use a Diono Radian RXT with an angle adjuster, rear-facing in the middle seat.

Reactions: evpulse
Yes, but seat belt only in the middle seat. Latch is only for the window seats. You'll probably also want a narrow width seat, because the two window seats will be almost unusable with a regular width seat. I use a Diono Radian RXT with an angle adjuster, rear-facing in the middle seat.
Hi David, how tall are you if you don't mind me asking? We have been told that the Diono Radian RXT wont fit in any seats for us, being over 6 feet tall. We are looking for a rear facing infant seat that is usable for up to the age of two.

Hi David, how tall are you if you don't mind me asking? We have been told that the Diono Radian RXT wont fit in any seats for us, being over 6 feet tall. We are looking for a rear facing infant seat that is usable for up to the age of two.
5' 7", although I sit further back that most people would, so perhaps equiv. to 5' 9" seating position. I don't think it'll fit comfortably for you at 6'+.