Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

can u imagine how bad Tesla service will be in 2022?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They obviously need to expand the service centers (and apparently are). I personally think things will be better at that time, not worse. It is a widely talked about issue, so I would hope it is a priority internally.
Some indirect evidence that they are taking service center performance seriously: last time I was at my local SC (which, btw, opened over the summer and went from limited hours, single-mobile-tech-only to fully staffed with about a dozen people in less than 3 months), I overheard a call between the deputy service manager and corporate about service levels. It was...intense - they were reporting on dozens of stats, among them wait times for initial and follow up appointments, numbers of cars with resolutions on a first visit vs. multiple visits, and so on.

• Informative
Reactions: Joshan
They have been beyond great in the Midwest. My only complaint is that I ordered a part from 250 miles away and the shipping got here the next day when I was expecting 2+ days. Even submitting an issue in the app at night they got back to me at 9am the next morning.

They obviously need to expand the service centers (and apparently are). I personally think things will be better at that time, not worse. It is a widely talked about issue, so I would hope it is a priority internally.

I talked to a GM VP and they said that's one of the major reasons they still have dealerships, to outsource their servicing. I know it's a different model but Tesla might need to open up servicing to third parties.

Tesla only requires a high school diploma and a drivers license for service technicians. I agree that someone has to learn, but without more education, you'll continue to get technicians that don't know jack.

A teeny weeny part of me thinks that a dealership model would help Tesla in this regard. Let the dealer service the vehicles, this allows Tesla to continue innovating.

• Disagree
Reactions: jelloslug
Tesla once ran the best service centers in the business. The first 4 years I had my S, it was amazing. Great service, proactive diagnosis, rangers... lot's of repairs and upgrades on "goodwill". And, all staffed by enthusiasts.

This has purely happened with growth and volume. There's no reason they cannot and should not get back to great service. I suspect it is just more volume than the network can handle, and lack of consistent training and performance management.

Tesla only requires a high school diploma and a drivers license for service technicians. I agree that someone has to learn, but without more education, you'll continue to get technicians that don't know jack.

A teeny weeny part of me thinks that a dealership model would help Tesla in this regard. Let the dealer service the vehicles, this allows Tesla to continue innovating.

I agree. I've found dealerships better for service (not so much on sales)

I was at the service center today. Dropped off at 9am, car ready at 2pm, pickup at 6pm. Uber credits for getting too/from work. Text message and in-app updates the whole time.

Superb experience.
i hope to have a superb Tesla experience one day! ....hopefully soon.

i have a,Tesla service advisor that keeps telling me I'll have to service my car at,the SC closest to my house because they're too busy! -- even though the app allows me,to book an appointment in 2,weeks....

i hope to have a superb Tesla experience one day! ....hopefully soon.

i have a,Tesla service advisor that keeps telling me I'll have to service my car at,the SC closest to my house because they're too busy! -- even though the app allows me,to book an appointment in 2,weeks....
your statement makes NO sense. And,what's,with,the,commas?

You are making this look more and more like a troll job.
My last post on your silly thread.

I've made this analogy before in the context of poor customer service and the ability for companies to overcome and succeed but I'll do it again: How many people remember the early days of Apple? With their horrible 90-day warranty on extremely high priced items. The magazine Mac User had a graphic in each month's issue counting how long Apple's "insufficient warranty" had continued. After a great deal of shaming and customer complaints, Apple finally increased their factory warranty to one year.

And who remembers the arrogance of the Apple repair places in the mid 80's? The repair people at my local Apple dealer back then were typically snotty, impatient, and condescending. And they acted like they were doing us a supreme favor by just taking the time to work on our Apple products. On top of that there were a zillion Macintosh models, with very little to differentiate them in the market, not to mention the Apple clones that were cutting into Apple's sales. OS 7 was a joke it crashed so often. The OS roadmap was as chaotic as the model lineup.

It's easy to witness the culture of innovation and lofty goals that permeate Tesla and witness their disruptive technology that drives other automotive companies into a new direction and compare Tesla to Apple and those comparisons are justified, I believe. But let's remember that as successful as Apple is now, they had some really horrible periods that soured a lot of customers and put into serious doubt the ability of Apple to survive.

No, Tesla isn't Apple and all analogies fall short in some way; however, I think Tesla can, and will, learn, much the same way that Apple did, and we'll look back on the painful delivery and service experiences in the same way that people talk about how Apple used to be in their early days.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricTravel
Based on my monitoring of posts on this forum, it seems to me like complaints are decreasing. I expect that in 2022 (when I get my next car) Tesla will have things straightened out.
I'm a Troll? i love my Tesla but am frustrated beyond belief every single time i have dealings with them.
i fee bad....my buddy purchased a Model S after trying mine and he's experiencing the exact same customer service as me!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191107-122225_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20191107-122225_WhatsApp.jpg
    816.1 KB · Views: 100