Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can we all sign this SPOTIFY Petition - PLEASE?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,

I love my Model S BUT I hate the Slacker streaming service. It is really bad. And since I pay $9.99 for Spotify each month I would like to have that available in my Tesla, especially since other countries have it available.

Can we all just sign this petition that was created last year and see if it might go somewhere?

THANK YOU!!!

Tesla Motors: Enable Spotify on U.S. Tesla Cars!

Hi guys,

I love my Model S BUT I hate the Slacker streaming service. It is really bad. And since I pay $9.99 for Spotify each month I would like to have that available in my Tesla, especially since other countries have it available.

Can we all just sign this petition that was created last year and see if it might go somewhere?

THANK YOU!!!

What we need is the ability to choose different provider - just like google home or Alexa supports.

Reactions: kgroschi
Hi guys,

THANK YOU!!!

You can stream your Spotify to the Model S in the meantime.

I reluctantly upgraded to Slacker Premium since there is no hope with Spotify integration in our Tesla's. The Slacker plus integration that is included with our cars is mediocre and I find streaming via Bluetooth a chore sometimes. I already pay for SiriusXM for Howard, and now pay for Slacker.

Thank you for the support from some of you. I appreciate it. I didn't create this petition, but I was about to create a similar one, until I found the one I shared with you guys.

I don't know why some of you are so pessimistic and always think "it won't help" "nothing gonna change" "you can Bluetooth stream".... Guys, I am a business owner. If I have a plan I go through with it. If I want something, I make sure it happens. Not promising that this petition will change anything, but the least we can do is to send Elon (who actually cares what we think) a signal. I drove the S in Germany several times and loved the Spotify integration very much. If I seriously have to whip out my phone in this driving computer in order to play music I can just go back to an ICE car with Apple Car play or similar. That's a joke to settle for that... (or that Slacker crap).

• Funny
Reactions: ABC2D and Mattzilla
There is only ONE reason I can think of as to why there would be Slacker integration in the U.S. and not Spotify when pretty much everywhere else has Spotify.

They have obviously already done the API integration work, so it's not a matter of having to build support.

CONTRACTS. I'd bet they have an exclusively deal with Slacker in the US and can't change it. This would either be a multi-year deal they plan to ditch when it expires. OR Slacker is basically paying them and they keep renewing it because the money generated from the deal is more than the Goodwill they would get for dropping the exclusivity.

Either way, petition will do exactly jack squat.

Reactions: SlyWombat and ABC2D
how about you just stream spotify via Bluetooth as I do with Apple Music ... slacker is unnecessary....if Tesla is paying monthly recurring fees for slacker i would rather see this $ go into something more vehicle/driving related every month .... bring your own music:rolleyes:

I'm more of a bring your own music guy too. I use Google Music, mostly because I get YouTube Red with it for the same price as the other music services. If Tesla had to support all of these different services, it would likely be a pain for them to keep all of those apps updated, it is easiest for them to pick one, or even none, and just let everyone use bluetooth. The other option is their own service, which it sounds like may be coming.

The thing I'd prefer to see is support for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. I have no idea if there are licensing fees to use them, but they wouldn't have to update the individual apps, and the majority of people's phones would work with them.

Reactions: JohnnyG
I completely understand the audiophiles among us preferring to connect their own custom playlists. However, I assume, the majority of the rest enjoy the integration of a voice commanded music library at their steering wheel fingertips. I admit to being one of the later... I enjoy listening to a wide range of music while I drive, but am not a huge enough enthusiast to have my own customized music library playlists. At home, I use Google Home with my YouTube Red Music or Google Play Music accounts. I can request specifically whatever song / album / artist I want and get exactly that. It would be great to have that same experience in a six-figure car, that I can get from a $99 speaker. Don't get me wrong... they are close! But not quite there.

As far as using my chosen music services through my phone via bluetooth to the car... well, I don't really care for the quality of bluetooth. Not to mention having to fumble with my phone while driving. And to be honest, my phone crushes the battery and gets a bit too hot when I have bluetooth on for extended periods. Yea, I know, time for a new phone, but that shouldn't dictate my driving experience. That said, I do truly appreciate those that have an extensive music library and like to bring their own custom playlists.

Signed! (it honestly can't hurt, right?)

Reactions: kgroschi