Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can we get bolt and nut torque specifications?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

cab

Sep 5, 2013
Grapevine, TX
So if We want to work on our cars ourselves, beyound changing wheels, is it possible to get the various torque specifications for thinks like suspension component bolts, etc? I just happen to be looking for specific stuff around suspension components, but really the question applies across the board. Obviously Tesla doesn't publish repair manuals for consumer use and isn't terribly DIY friendly. Anyone or any tips?

So if We want to work on our cars ourselves, beyound changing wheels, is it possible to get the various torque specifications for thinks like suspension component bolts, etc? I just happen to be looking for specific stuff around suspension components, but really the question applies across the board. Obviously Tesla doesn't publish repair manuals for consumer use and isn't terribly DIY friendly. Anyone or any tips?

Unless you live in Massachusetts where you are able to access the repair manuals, then nope!

upper control arm ball joint to knuckle torque 60NM

sway bar link to the knuckle torque 70NM

sway bar to sway bar link 70NM

tie rod end to knuckle torque 103NM

forward lower control arm to the subframe 130NM

rear lower control arm to the subframe 130NM

shock absorber to the lower control arm 140NM

lower control arm ball joints to the knuckle torque 195NM

Top 3 nuts that hold shock to tower 39NM

• Baolong TPMS: Torque 5 Nm.
    • Continental TPMS: Torque 8 Nm.
  • edit: actually this picture looks important: