Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can we have a separate Plaid/refresh section?

Should the 2021+ Model S have it's own forum section compared to the prior Model S?

• Yes, it's confusing to commingle the pre-2021 and post-2021 and I prefer order in my life

Votes: 30 90.9%
  • No, I like reading about versions of the car I am not particularly interested in anymore

Votes: 3 9.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All of the technical / model-based sections of this site need a re-think... but it seems like it's more important to have the top-level sections spell S3XY than to entertain any fundamental change.

I don't know why the 6,000 threads about installing a 14-50 outlet for a Model S need to be separate from the 12,000 threads on the same topic for a Model 3.

Considering the fact that the "Tesla parts for sale" classifieds forum contains parts for all S3XY vehicles, and there have been many requests to separate the sub-forum based on different models, or even a separate forum for wheels/tires/rims, and nothing materialized, I think the odds are slim they will do anything on this issue.

• Love
Reactions: Art VandeIay
If I were to change it, it would be

First Generation (2012-2021)
Second Generation (2021-)

More exterior and interior changes between these two compared to the 16-17 changes.

I said this in another thread, but will say it here as well.

the sections and subsections on this forum REALLY need some work. The subforums need updating, Interior shouldn't be grouped with exterior. If someone moved threads to their correct sections, 90% of the threads in the open S forum would be in one of those 4 subforums.

I can't even go in the For Sale section anymore. Almost every post is about wheels. In April, I asked for a subsection dedicated to wheels so those looking for parts can actually find parts. Back in June after bumping the thread, I got "We are working on something there". It should also be broken up in to X/S parts and Y/3 parts.

You can't click on a member and find threads started by that person, only post. Crazy to go through sometimes hundreds of post to try and find any threads the person started.

I could go on... but if any mod or admin is reading this, I'd be happy to help...

But other than AP1 vs 2/3, basically all other exterior, interior, MCU, etc. parts can be swapped out. No point in separating them. That's 100% not the case with those and the 2021 Plaid and LR.
Agree, I just think the questions are different. Having been a former owner of the '13, much of the conversation around service and maintenance. Things related to AP, most of the new SW updates are no longer relevant.

All of the technical / model-based sections of this site need a re-think... but it seems like it's more important to have the top-level sections spell S3XY than to entertain any fundamental change.

I don't know why the 6,000 threads about installing a 14-50 outlet for a Model S need to be separate from the 12,000 threads on the same topic for a Model 3.

Agreed. Also, the S/X share a lot of stuff - I don't have an X but sometimes browse the X section for topics like the UI, drivetrain etc. Content-based forums rather than strictly model-based ones would seem to make a lot more sense across the board.