Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can we have the Wh/mile odometer "card" back please?

Would you like the return of the odometer/trip and consumption on screen whilst driving?

• Yes, (I particularly miss this feature).

Votes: 154 72.6%
  • Yes, (not a particular issue for me but it would be nice to have the option).

Votes: 40 18.9%
  • No, the new interface is a better way of presenting this information.

Votes: 18 8.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Adopado

Aug 19, 2019
Scotland
I've had a few weeks to get used to the other V11 interface changes but the one aspect that particularly stands out for me remains the removal of the odometer trip "card". I used to make the odometer/trip distance card visible whilst driving. I could monitor distance travelled and my Wh/mile in respect of energy efficiency. This was achieved without blocking the map and directions. At the end of a drive I could see my overall rate of consumption for the drive without tapping multiple times on the screen. In the general discussion about V11 changes this received comments from a number of people and I would be interested to know if, after a few weeks of use, others are still finding this an issue and would like the featured returned.

There is clearly plenty of space in the area of the screen where the cards for odometer/trips was shown before V11. If anyone from Tesla ever monitors these things it would be useful for them to see the responses.

it was useful partly because thats a dead area of the screen under the car so it gave more information and didn’t block anything - which is what you have to do now to view trip info.

You’d think they’d be able to put that info either at the bottom of the car part of the screen, or next to the battery bar - simple wh/m that you can toggle to m/kwh like you can with battery miles/%

Both back for me please. I knew I'd miss the trip card but thought I'd get used to the tyre pressure card being moved. I haven't and I find it dangerous having to go into the service menu whilst moving, even if it is just to check all is OK at the start of a journey. The rest I can live with.

I find that the Energy app presents better information than the trip card did, since it’s forward-looking and takes into account things like elevation. I’d much rather know my estimated arrival percentage than just Wh/mi, the latter I can still see in settings > trips as well as in the consumption tab of the energy app. I’ve had no problems pulling things up on the screen while driving.

I find that the Energy app presents better information than the trip card did, since it’s forward-looking and takes into account things like elevation. I’d much rather know my estimated arrival percentage than just Wh/mi, the latter I can still see in settings > trips as well as in the consumption tab of the energy app. I’ve had no problems pulling things up on the screen while driving.

I’d like a mini version of that too - could fit in the car view as a card or in a 1/3 height window like the small music player. Only need to know original and new estimated energy at a glance, the full elevation etc can be left for occasional looking when expanded to full height. Then you could have that up with the map and not have to choose one or the other

Reactions: Stach and Adopado
Isn't there a suggestion that soon the Tesla App will eventually give you some kind of history of your recent drives, their efficiency etc. Will that answer at least the second part of the requirement ?

Well, so far it's looking like about 90% saying yes to having the card info back on screen. Interesting to see if the numbers sway in different directions over the next few days but I'm sure it will remain a strong message in favour. Is there anyone listening at Tesla ... coooee ... go on, you know it makes sense, and it will make a lot of owners happy.

Reactions: Stach

I think the Energy graphing app is great but we used to have both! You would never choose to drive for very long with the Energy graph taking up the screen so straightforward information like miles covered and present average consumption are just not available any more. The good thing about having the choice is that we had the odometer card info if we wanted it but could use the Energy app for more comprehensive analysis. I can't see any drawback from bringing this option back.

Reactions: Stach
Isn't there a suggestion that soon the Tesla App will eventually give you some kind of history of your recent drives, their efficiency etc. Will that answer at least the second part of the requirement ?
The issue I have is that I want to see my efficiency live, not historically. I plan a drive and know what efficiency I’m expecting to hit in order to make a charger. As efficiency is quite variable, it was great to see if I was on target or going to need to slow right down. This is particularly important when I’ve visited ’charging deserts’ in parts of Wales.

This is genuinely one of the main issues for me. I’d just gotten used to the car and the tech before the update. The majority of the changes I actually think are growers, but the card for this AND the estimated battery at arrival on maps.

I drive along, now fiddling around bringing the main trip page up, and whilst on the motorway bringing up the graph for estimated trip mileage. Crazy, and dangerous. Even more so being a short a*rse and having to reach across the screen !