Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can we have the Wh/mile odometer "card" back please?

Would you like the return of the odometer/trip and consumption on screen whilst driving?

• Yes, (I particularly miss this feature).

Votes: 154 72.6%
  • Yes, (not a particular issue for me but it would be nice to have the option).

Votes: 40 18.9%
  • No, the new interface is a better way of presenting this information.

Votes: 18 8.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Basically, V11 is a bit of a mess so far as usability is concerned. The music player at the moment is driving me nuts - the track title and artist info area is way too narrow - you only get to see a part of it. It scrolls once and briefly when the track’s selected but then all you get thereafter is the truncated left part of it. Maybe fine for pop songs, but useless for classical music or podcasts.

Then the track progress bar is almost impossible to use. It’s so microscopically thin that moving it forward and backward is tricky. But at the same time, if you slightly aim too low on the control buttons to the right of the track title, you can press it, causing the track to jump backward or forward to that point. And when you do change the track position, the elapsed time pop-up overlays the progress indicator, as well as the +/- 15s buttons (which itself gets truncated at the start and end of tracks), making it really hard and control what’s going on. Again, this is a big deal for podcasts and longer classical pieces.

And then I just don’t fully understand how the pull down for Spotify, FM etc is supposed to work. I frequently see it showing Spotify when I’ve got TuneIn playing. It’s a mess.

Last edited:
This thread appears to have run its course and the poll has come back with a clear result. 92% of those who responded would like to have the odometer & Wh/mile card back. This could be offered without compromise to the present V11 options and would not obstruct other use by any of the 8% who voted that they don't want this.

To finish up:
Dear Tesla folks, please can we have our odometer with Wh/mile readings available to view on screen in a similar manner to the previous "card" presentation? The only present option is to have the map/navigation covered and that's not helpful for something that many people would like to have in view all the time. While you're at it why not include a toggle on the Wh/mile to swap between that and miles/kWh? Many thanks.

I'd like to see the card back, where it was. Tbh the whole car visualisation on the right hand side is really a waste of space and provides no real value. Tyre pressures I can live without, don't see why that needs to be something people need to see often while driving without blocking the navigation...if the pressures are low, I'm sure the car will let me know. I've never needed to see my pressures that urgently or whilst driving before on any previous car, the Tesla is no different.

I'd like to see the card back, where it was. Tbh the whole car visualisation on the right hand side is really a waste of space and provides no real value. Tyre pressures I can live without, don't see why that needs to be something people need to see often while driving without blocking the navigation...if the pressures are low, I'm sure the car will let me know. I've never needed to see my pressures that urgently or whilst driving before on any previous car, the Tesla is no different.
I agree totally about the car visualisation. Total waste of screen estate.

Reactions: Lonewulf45
I swapped the summer tyres for all season tyres yesterday and the fitter pumped one of the tyres to 37psi, with the other three at 42psi. I found out as soon as I drove off, seeing the warning symbol on the right of the screen - but I didn't see any other pop-up or get an audible alarm, which could have been needed with a leaking tyre at motorway speeds. Most annoyingly, touching the warning symbol doesn't bring up the tyre pressure window (or it's too hard to touch on the move). I think that V10 used to bring up the tyre pressure card if a tyre started to lose pressure?

Anyway, my feeling is that there are more problems with the implementation of tyre pressure monitoring on V11 than just loss of the card. It seems to have been developed to be pretty, rather than to meet the important requirements of safe driving. All my previous cars with TPMS would make it very clear if a tyre pressure fell too low.

This thread definitely needs to be more ambitious. Get rid of the childish car visualisation altogether and give us important controls and information in that part of the screen. Have all the important stuff permanently visible there. Wipers, lights,glove box, speed, battery, trip etc or at least have a mini phone screen where these apps are always all displayed for one touch use. You'd think the Musk team had never seen a computer or phone screen.
Alternatively give us a HUD and some sensible wiper and light controls on the sticks like every other car on the planet.

This thread definitely needs to be more ambitious.
There are other threads about the broad range of V11 issues. This thread was intended to be a single issue poll to demonstrate quickly and easily the views of owners. It is then easy for any Tesla reps who may scan the forum to gauge the feeling.

I recommend that people continue posting to the other V11 thread rather than this one unless commenting on this thread’s theme and poll.

In addition to my earlier comment & having used v11 for a while...
  • Leave the trip card where it was.
  • By all means let the blind spot card overlay (only) whilst indicating.
  • Retain the ability to swipe tyre pressures from right to left because on one occasion I had the orange warning symbol during a long drive with a deadline to meet an incoming flight & it was useful to periodically check if the tyre was holding the reduced pressure or slowly deflating (it wasn't). On that basis I found it very useful & didn't need to stop.
Incidentally, there was a correct spot on screen to swipe the cards (in spite of some complaints about a spinning car visualisation) - once I discovered that it worked every time.

Reactions: jpm777
Honestly I don't think we should be concerned about past efficiency. It's not like you can change it?!?

Also tyre pressures are only interesting when out of spec, so alerts are fine.

We should be concerned about getting from A to B.
I have been driving for a long time, and for me the tire pressure indication is crucial to avoid being stranded. The warning-only approach shouts too late.

Reactions: DenkiJidousha
9 months later... So is it still not possible to view trip mileage and see a navigation screen at the same time? That is disappointing.
It’s so annoying. All that wasted space showing the “driving visualisation” but seemingly nowhere for a few basic numbers on consumption. It’s clear the UI is designed by people who don’t really drive the car much.