Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can We Inundate this Garbage Article Ripping on AP with facts??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why does anything need to be done that's special to Tesla?

First of all the drivers in both accidents should have been arrested. I didn't see in any of the articles that they were arrested, and charged with a crime. If I fall asleep in some vehicle while its going down the road, and it kills someone then shouldn't I be charged? Or if I'm texting with a phone in my hand.

Secondly we've known from BEFORE autopilot was released that people were going to abuse L2 systems, and the first back seat video was of an Infiniti that had some lane-keeping system. Where they put something on the steering wheel to trick the torque sensing.

So this means that something does need to be done to prevent that. What needs to be done is the NHTSA needs to set rules for new L2 systems where they have to have a driver attention system similar to what Super Cruise uses. That's the proper way to do driver monitoring these days.

I dunno, just the other day I saw someone "driving" his M3 for miles down I680 just staring at his phone in his lap. If Autopilot encourages this level of complacency, that's a serious issue.

I see lots of people every day in cars without ADAS systems staring at their phones while driving. That’s even more of a serious issue if you ask me.