Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can we make a master Google Doc of rattles/noises and the fixes?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd love it if we could start a master google doc of all the rattles/noises etc. that all us owners have had and what the fix we found for them was. I could see this list becoming the go to place for all new owners. And if it really took off even Tesla might be able to use it to address the issues in future revisions of the cars.

As for me, I've already had to fix rattling from wheel wells, creaking rear seats. Still dealing with a passenger seat creak that Tesla couldn't permanently fix.

If you are asking "Will TMC moderators do this" the answer is "likely not" (I know there is zero chance I am interested in doing anything like that, and I suspect the other moderators feel similarly).

If you are asking "I want to start a google master doc and catalog all this data myself, and if I do all that, will someone sticky the thread for me" the answer to that would be sure, if you or someone else does all that, we could sticky it once it has a bunch of data in it.

I suppose I was wondering if any of the moderators would be interested in doing this. I think we are probably all in the same mindset: it would be great but probably a lot of work to curate. I'll ponder if I'm will to do so as well for now and post here if I go for it. Thanks for giving feedback!

Reactions: jjrandorin
I suppose I was wondering if any of the moderators would be interested in doing this. I think we are probably all in the same mindset: it would be great but probably a lot of work to curate. I'll ponder if I'm will to do so as well for now and post here if I go for it. Thanks for giving feedback!

I should probably add that the vast majority of TMC moderators are volunteers (translation: unpaid). This would need to be a passion project for a mod, just like it would need to be one for anyone else. I only mention it because there may be some people reading and wondering "why wouldnt the mods just do it?" or something like that.

Reactions: MutantT