TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Can we manually launch a software upgrade?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by artsci, Feb 3, 2014.

1. artsci

artsci Sponsor

With my car having been in the shop for repairs for 5 weeks and now with me on a trip out of the country for another week, I'm not at all sure that upgrades have been made. I certainly was not around to accept any.

What's the latest version? If it's not been installed on my car how do I initiate the installation? Do I have to contact Tesla or can I do it myself?

2. Denarius

Denarius Active Member

5.8.7, when you get back to your car you should have the alarm clock notification that you have a software update available. Tap it, then you can choose install now.

3. artsci

artsci Sponsor

Thanks. So if I haven't accepted the upgrade it will stay on the screen until I act on it?

4. Denarius

Denarius Active Member

Correct.

Also, if you don't show an update available there is no way to "force" it to look for one.

5. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

@artsci
    My recommendation is this: Bring your car into Tesla for something. Tire rotation. Alignment check. Anything. Current policy at service centers, as I understand it, is that if they install firmware it has to be the newest (they are not allowed to install old versions). As such, all of them should have 5.8.7 now and they should be able to install it for you (and quickly).