TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Can we see/hear/stream today's press conference?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by PatD, Mar 19, 2015.

Tags:
  1. PatD

PatD Member

Anyone hear if we can see or hear the press conference today? Sounds like this is a "dial-in" phone conference for reporters from what I'm finding. Not much info out there. Hope that's not a bad sign!

2. philiparnason

philiparnason Member

I haven't seen anything; maybe the announcement will be delivered via another cryptic tweet!

3. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

4. PatD

PatD Member

He may be able to solve range anxiety, but not Tweet Anxiety!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks! Guess (So far) it is just a phone call. If nothing else shows up, I'll just wait to hear the aftermath and such. Not like things will be quiet around here anyway!

5. meltoots

meltoots Member

#5 meltoots, Mar 19, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
    Don't know much detail, but TM tweeted that they are doing a Trip Planner and Range Assurance OTA? I am a huge TM fan, but boy this is a bit of a let down. I was hoping for Eco mode (beyond Range) or some battery improvements, or preheating battery on a schedule when plugged in, or something bigger than this. Wow, sorry but on the title, this is the big answer to Range Anxiety? It helps for sure, not sure I was expecting too much. I think there are some autopilot improvements and saw something about a 155mph top speed for my car, which is cool, but I'd rather have a "old man" setting for long range.

6. InternetDude

InternetDude Member

7. meltoots

meltoots Member

Where did you find this? Thanks for the post!

8. Usatyke

Usatyke Member

Thanks for the link. Underwhelmed by the content. :)

9. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

You're not excited about Valet mode?! :biggrin:

10. Usatyke

Usatyke Member

Actually I should clarify, all the upgrades are great and address several issues. But the hype generated didn't match up to the substance. Yes the press (and a few TMC members) feed into the hype, but the initial tweet and it's timing set us up (imo). All part of the big game. I would prefer under promise and over deliver than the other way around.

11. n33d45p33d

n33d45p33d Member

#11 n33d45p33d, Mar 20, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
    Posted this in wrong thread!

12. breser

breser AutoPilot Nostradamus