Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can wife follow our order of car in her own app or only after delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would log into my account daily on the web at Tesla. When the VIN is assigned, it will change the RN number to a VIN, and that means the car is in production. It is likely a week to produce, then shipping. I do not know of any better way to track your order.

Upvote 0
I would log into my account daily on the web at Tesla. When the VIN is assigned, it will change the RN number to a VIN, and that means the car is in production. It is likely a week to produce, then shipping. I do not know of any better way to track your order.
It's easier to just open the Tesla app and it shows the EDD instantly. but I check on the website occasionally Also

Upvote 0
Here is where it's at on the app in one of the 2 places.

Attachments

• tesla.jpg
    tesla.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 522
Upvote 0
You will not have any access to the car until delivery. The car is not assigned to a purchase order until the VIN is assigned, if then. My dealer could trace the transportation of the car across the country, but the car is in Service mode until delivery, and only Tesla has access. No app access or status thru the app until delivery.

Even after a VIN is assigned, Tesla can, and has, reassigned the VIN to another buyer. The car can be held at Tesla for missing parts due to supply shortages, etc.

The estimated delivery date is mostly what Sales hopes will happen. Recently, the EDD has been extended by months to over a year.

Upvote 0
You will not have any access to the car until delivery. The car is not assigned to a purchase order until the VIN is assigned, if then. My dealer could trace the transportation of the car across the country, but the car is in Service mode until delivery, and only Tesla has access. No app access or status thru the app until delivery.

Even after a VIN is assigned, Tesla can, and has, reassigned the VIN to another buyer. The car can be held at Tesla for missing parts due to supply shortages, etc.

The estimated delivery date is mostly what Sales hopes will happen. Recently, the EDD has been extended by months to over a year.
I think we are having a miscommunication. I have the tesla app. I have a ar on order. I can see my order on the app. I can see my EDD on the app. what you are saying is incorrect

Upvote 0
I think we are having a miscommunication. I have the tesla app. I have a ar on order. I can see my order on the app. I can see my EDD on the app. what you are saying is incorrect
Of course I can not see my actual car with a vin number. I can only see the order for my car, with the EDD, I also can see the financing paperwork as well as the car registration info. The other things like insurance and accept car are grayed out until a vin is applied. these things are all available oin the app. They Might not have been when you ordered a car, but they are now. Just wanted to know if my wife could connect it to her app as it is in mine because she is a co-registrant.

Upvote 0
I just signed my wife's phone into my Tesla account so she could track the EDD. My understanding is that we only need one account. When we get the car we continue to use one account, because her phone will pair as her key, but she should still have the same app functionality as I would. Just my noob speculation, sorry if I'm wrong.

Upvote 0
I just signed my wife's phone into my Tesla account so she could track the EDD. My understanding is that we only need one account. When we get the car we continue to use one account, because her phone will pair as her key, but she should still have the same app functionality as I would. Just my noob speculation, sorry if I'm wrong.
If you go to teslas website they say once you have a vin. she should use her own tesla account. you can share the vin with her in the app. so you would each be signed into your own account.

Upvote 0
Of course many people just log into the same account. I'm not sure what the pros and cons are of each way.

Upvote 0