TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Can you add multiple stops to 'trip'

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by jhs_7645, Apr 13, 2015.

1. jhs_7645

jhs_7645 VIN: #3305

I haven't seen any ability to do this but is it possible to add multiple stops to a trip in the navigation screen? Sure would be nice to add several of the waypoints along the way on a trip that we know we are going to stop at.

2. Benjamin Brooks

No.

3. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

Nope.. IMHO in the top 3 feature requests that I've seen from customers on here, often referred to as waypoints.

4. apacheguy

apacheguy Sig 255, VIN 320

Also, we should be able to select alternate routes just like in Google Maps on my iphone.

5. ra-san

ra-san Member

You can, just drag and drop your car over to the desired route and the nav system will automagically update after a bit of pestering about U turns and such.

... No no, I mean drag and drop your actual car. Oh you wanted to do this on the screen itself? What do you think we live in, 1999?

:confused:

More seriously, yeah. The nav has had some nice changes, but still could use some basic work (similar to the music app). Honestly, I'm frustrated by mapping/routing tech in general from Google, Apple and others. Seems we get nice new features, but lose basic features and functionality too as we go.

6. beeeerock

beeeerock Active Member

Related to the original question... can you program a return trip - i.e., a destination that may not have charging facilities, then back home, to see if you'll make it?

7. Puff

Puff Member

round trip works from current location. in your example you would have to be @home otherwise it's wherever you may be at the time.

8. beeeerock

beeeerock Active Member

Well that's good... in theory, it's a trip with two waypoints. And is the sort of trip I'll likely be doing 90% of the time. Thanks!

9. GuyHall

GuyHall Member

OK, how do you do the round trip from home? Is it in the update notes somewhere that I missed?

10. Puff

Puff Member

its not from home. its from current location. so if home=current location then youre good to go.

interesting thing happened today. i had about 40% and wanted to see that round trip prediction from san diego to los angeles and back. it didnt give me an option for the round trip. im guessing it was because there wasnt enough juice to get me there without charging.