Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can you add third row to X after delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...now people are saying they got rid of the nice looking "Model X" writing on both the stepping area of all doors and overhead area on the falcon doors. Like WHY would you get rid of that, it was hot and now it's just NOT RIGHT just like Brittany Spears when she shaved her head! :O
They did? My spanking new seven-seater has all that... Unless it's changed somehow. It's under the hinges on the FWD doors, and on all four door sills. Unless it's 'different'? Let me get a pic...

So, the FWD hinges have 'Model X', and the door sills have the stylized 'X'. Did they used to have the 'Model' on the door sills?
FWD-hinge.jpeg

Last edited:
They did? My spanking new seven-seater has all that... Unless it's changed somehow. It's under the hinges on the FWD doors, and on all four door sills. Unless it's 'different'? Let me get a pic...

So, the FWD hinges have 'Model X', and the door sills have the stylized 'X'. Did they used to have the 'Model' on the door sills?View attachment 251363
I don't know the complete details, your version is the same version I have from my July 2016 build (stylized X below and "Model X" above), but some people on the Facebook Model X owners group were just complaining that they were gone from their builds. Here's an image from that Facebook thread. Like...... why would they do that? Let me know if you see the attached image, sometimes my computer fails to upload them here.

Attachments

• FWD.jpg
    FWD.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 97
I don't know the complete details, your version is the same version I have from my July 2016 build (stylized X below and "Model X" above), but some people on the Facebook Model X owners group were just complaining that they were gone from their builds. Here's an image from that Facebook thread. Like...... why would they do that? Let me know if you see the attached image, sometimes my computer fails to upload them here.
Nope, see it fine, and WTF... That looks like some sort of stealth SEAL car... :D

These aren't like non PUP or something.... It's so hard to see a stripped car (non-PUP, non-leather/premium), all the SC's have is a Red S and a White X, seems like they have marketing data as to what people want to see, subliminally or something!

All I can think of is non-PUP. Every one I've ever seen has what you and I have (I even had my wrap guy put PPF over the door sills to protect them!).

My non-PUP MX that I finally accepted on 9/29 in a 2nd-run delivery attempt has both types of logos. It was the first thing my 4-year old daughter pointed to and read out in loud exclamation when she got inside. On the other hand, the car was sadly missing other things it was supposed to come with, like the ability to blow anything besides hot air.

• Informative
Reactions: boaterva
My non-PUP MX that I finally accepted on 9/29 in a 2nd-run delivery attempt has both types of logos. It was the first thing my 4-year old daughter pointed to and read out in loud exclamation when she got inside. On the other hand, the car was sadly missing other things it was supposed to come with, like the ability to blow anything besides hot air.
Interesting, then. You’d think they’d not have any ‘plain’ ones around.