Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can you be a Tesla fan but not Elon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For me it's kinda like this.

Elon Musk of SpaceX - Listen intently, and cheer the entire SpaceX team on. I wish Elon Musk all the luck in the world in the SpaceX endeavors.

Elon Musk of Tesla - Ugh, I can't stand listening to this guy talk. Can he just go away? He completely missed the boat on so many different things.

When I bought my 2015 Model S it was partly due to Elon Musk. How can one not buy a car from Ironman? Plus there were so many home runs at the time.

When I bought my 2018 Model 3 it was despite Elon Musk. What a mess, but it was still the best car for the money.

• Love
  • Funny
Reactions: Brando and kavyboy
To answer this question regarding Elon, we must ask the Mango....

"Mango is like a drug. You must have more and more and more of the Mango until there is no Mango left. Not even for Mango!"

a_4x-horizontal.jpg

I only bought a Tesla to support what Elon was trying to do. If Elon was no longer part of the company I would be concerned for Tesla's long term existence.
LOLZ well teslas long term existence has been in doubt for a while.
Don't get me wrong I bought a tesla I couldn't afford, and will be paying for 8 years on it, but would love to see a business manager in charge (with Elon being chief creative officer or something)

• Love
  • Disagree
Reactions: GreenT and Brando
LOLZ well teslas long term existence has been in doubt for a while.
Don't get me wrong I bought a tesla I couldn't afford, and will be paying for 8 years on it, but would love to see a business manager in charge (with Elon being chief creative officer or something)

That's what they said about Steve Jobs and look what happened when they got rid of him. If he didn't come back we'd all still be flipping around our Motorola Razrs.

• Love
Reactions: Brando
The Tesla Model S is an all-electric five-door liftback car, produced by Tesla, Inc., and introduced on June 22, 2012.[10] As of April 23, 2019, the Model S Long Range has an EPA range of 370 miles (600 km), higher than any other electric car.[11]

The EPA rated the 2017 90D Model S's energy consumption at 3.096 miles per kWh (200.9 watt-hours per kilometer or 32.33 kWh/100 mi or 20.09 kWh/100 km) for a combined fuel economy of 104 miles per gallon gasoline equivalent (2.26 L/100 km or 125 mpg‑imp).[12] In 2016, Tesla updated the design of the Model S to closely match that of the Model X. As of January 2019, the following versions are available: 100D and P100D.[13]

In 2013, the Model S became the first electric car to top the monthly new car sales ranking in any country, twice leading in Norway, in September and December 2013[14][15][16][17] and also in Denmark in December 2015.[18] Global Model S sales passed 250,000 units in September 2018.[19][20][21][22] The U.S. is its leading market, with about 140,000 units delivered through December 2018.[23]

The Tesla Model S was the top selling plug-in electric car worldwide in 2015 and 2016,[24][25][26] and by the end of 2018 continued to rank as the second most-sold electric car in history after the Nissan Leaf.[19] The December 2017 Consumer Reports owner satisfaction survey had the Tesla Model S at the top.[27]
Increase production ~10x in 6 years. Model 3 out sells 7 years of Model S sales in less than 2 years.
Highest revenue Electric Car. GM & Leaf 1st to market and sales pale compared to Tesla.
3 of the safest cars tested by NHTSA - all 3 are Teslas 3/S/X.
HTSA safest car - Model S (3 even better and X slightly less on test scores)
On August 19, 2013, based on NHTSA safety ratings, a Tesla press release claimed that the Model S had achieved the best safety rating of any car ever tested. Tesla stated, "NHTSA does not publish a star rating above 5, however safety levels better than 5 stars are captured in the overall Vehicle Safety Score (VSS) provided to manufacturers, where the Model S achieved a new combined record of 5.4 stars."[456][457][458][459][460] However, a few days later NHTSA rebutted Tesla's claim, explaining that the rating for the Model S was equal to any other car receiving 5-stars, and claiming that the carmaker did not follow its advertising guidelines.[461][462][463]
Just an introduction from: Tesla Model S - Wikipedia
Anyone care to name an auto exec. who is better than Elon? Just one example?? OK, how about almost = to Elon??

Auto Fires
1 Million Mercedes-Benz Vehicles Recalled for Fire Hazard | Thomas J. Henry
GM ignition-switch death toll reaches 124
And some people seem to NOT LIKE Elon's what? style??

</rant>o_O

It's totally upon your choice wether you like only tesla but not elon musk or you like both, it's totally normal,for example some people are inspired by steve jobs but they don't like apple products.

And some people are a big fan of Apple products, but not Mr. Jobs. As a person outside of Apple, he was very flawed. Having said that, he’s still an inspiration to me based on his leadership at Apple.

I am incredibly thankful Elon is still a major part of Tesla. He is the risk taker and visionary the company needs... it’s all or nothing for Tesla to succeed... but I don’t take much of what he says publicly, literally.