Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can you be invited into FSD Beta with Subscription only status?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Solution
Hey all! First timer here. I was wondering do you have to purchase the FSD beta outright to be invited or can you be invited if you have the FSD beta subscription?
Yes. As long as you have FSD by paying $12,000 once or $199 monthly, you'll get an FSD firmware that you can click on the Autopilot menu to enroll in the program. You then need to maintain a passable Safety Score. However, it is unknown whether Tesla will expand the pool of 60,000 participants or not. You can request with the button (and you don't have that button if you don't pay for FSD), but whether you can get into the pool is another open question. In theory, it's fair and you should but we don't know.
Hey all! First timer here. I was wondering do you have to purchase the FSD beta outright to be invited or can you be invited if you have the FSD beta subscription?
Yes. As long as you have FSD by paying $12,000 once or $199 monthly, you'll get an FSD firmware that you can click on the Autopilot menu to enroll in the program. You then need to maintain a passable Safety Score. However, it is unknown whether Tesla will expand the pool of 60,000 participants or not. You can request with the button (and you don't have that button if you don't pay for FSD), but whether you can get into the pool is another open question. In theory, it's fair and you should but we don't know.

Upvote 0
Solution
@ForestNinja Any update on how that went?
He hasn't been on the forums since April 22...

FWIW, I can tell you that quite a few guys/gals here on the forums have, indeed, gotten into the FSD beta program with the monthly subscription.

Tesla hasn't been adding new people into the FSD Beta program (regardless of how they're paying for FSD) for quite a while now, though, and Elon keeps pushing the date that more people will be added into the future.

So any estimated date on when you'll see the beta is nothing more than a WAG at this point, unfortunately.

Upvote 0