Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can You Believe This......Big Problems With No Help, Attorney Time!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry, @Bet TSLA, you are not being objective here. A fact that you have not experienced something does not mean an issue does not exist. Read the link @oktane provided - there is plenty of evidence and confirmations that Tesla indeed limits the power of performance models after certain number of launches (please read the provided thread Pack Performance and Launch Mode Limits).
I'm being perfectly objective about the erroneous opinions oktane posted: "...they lie about car performance (electronically limit the performance of your car after a certain number of WOT accelerations).... On the performance cars, after a set number of wide-open-throttle accelerations, they limit your maximum battery current..." The link provided shows these statements are nonsense, so why are you defending them? Perhaps some cars have some issues, certainly not all the way oktane's statement reads. There's no evidence that Tesla lied or that the problem (if there is one) is a result of deception rather than misunderstanding. Clearly there's some sort of problem, but it is being utterly misrepresented.

That's really absurd. That's MY car and I will do as I PLEASE with it. I dont need anyone's permission. If i want, I could burn it, run it into the ocean, run it into a wall. I should be able to race it as many times I like. Answer this: should Chrysler, Ford, Chevy (any other automobile manufacturer) prevent and actively stop anyone over-revving their cars or "you think they should let it destroy itself?"
No, it's not absurd at all. You are arguing against all safety features because "IT'S MINE!!!" No, if you operate the car in a way that is likely to break it, it's reasonable to warn you. Perhaps it shouldn't limit you, or it should allow you to override the limits after warning you, but it's both reasonable and expected that the machine protect itself from damage. Most devices have safety features to prevent bad behavior on the part of the operator. Manufacturers get sued when the don't have such things. But this is a side issue, having nothing to do with the original argument, which was that oktane's statements were false and defamatory.

• Funny
Reactions: oktane
This is so overwhelming to see the support from this board. I want to thank everyone of you who has posted. I am very short on time right now but will respond to the questions and give more detail tonight.

A couple of quick responses.........Yes, we have something in writing about the damage before we took delivery. The sales person sent me texts and pictures of the damage the morning of the day we picked-up the car.

Someone asked what the quote was for the damage.......Per the Tesla approved body shop the entire bumper cover needs to be replaced, about $1,400.

To someone who said there has to be more to this story.......Nope, everything I have told is the straight up truth. What really makes this scary is the sales manger at this location telling us that the damage may have happened in shipping. Even more of a reason why it is NOT our responsibility. We went on to ask him what would you do if the windshield was broke in delivery? Would you expect us to pay for it? Yes, this is really his response" We would have to see the damage to determine if Tesla or the customer would be responsible" I absolutely lost it on that response (I never yelled or swore). I said you have to be kidding, I said I have a feeling that if Elon Musk heard what you were saying he would flip out too.

Oh yea. We requested copies of our paperwork at the time we picked the car up and were told thEy don't do that. That everything would be uploaded to our MyTesla acoount. Now almost 2 weeks later nothing yet. Is this truly normal or did we get another thing pulled over on us?

More responses tonight to all question.....We are picking the car up later today. So, I will let everyone know what happens. We did hear that they had used touchup paint on the scratch. Yea, what about the bumper cover and the crease. I don't think touchup paint will fix that.

Reactions: S4WRXTTCS
This is so overwhelming to see the support from this board. I want to thank everyone of you who has posted. I am very short on time right now but will respond to the questions and give more detail tonight.

A couple of quick responses.........Yes, we have something in writing about the damage before we took delivery. The sales person sent me texts and pictures of the damage the morning of the day we picked-up the car.

Someone asked what the quote was for the damage.......Per the Tesla approved body shop the entire bumper cover needs to be replaced, about $1,400.

To someone who said there has to be more to this story.......Nope, everything I have told is the straight up truth. What really makes this scary is the sales manger at this location telling us that the damage may have happened in shipping. Even more of a reason why it is NOT our responsibility. We went on to ask him what would you do if the windshield was broke in delivery? Would you expect us to pay for it? Yes, this is really his response" We would have to see the damage to determine if Tesla or the customer would be responsible" I absolutely lost it on that response (I never yelled or swore). I said you have to be kidding, I said I have a feeling that if Elon Musk heard what you were saying he would flip out too.

Oh yea. We requested copies of our paperwork at the time we picked the car up and were told thEy don't do that. That everything would be uploaded to our MyTesla acoount. Now almost 2 weeks later nothing yet. Is this truly normal or did we get another thing pulled over on us?

More responses tonight to all question.....We are picking the car up later today. So, I will let everyone know what happens. We did hear that they had used touchup paint on the scratch. Yea, what about the bumper cover and the crease. I don't think touchup paint will fix that.

Here's the thing... Nothing you've describe in any of your posts lines up with the way Tesla typically does business and handles these things... There are countless posts here regarding similar circumstances that were consistently handled in a vastly different way than yours. That leaves people like me with only a few logical outcomes...

1. You're lying about everything, or at a minimum embellishing substantially...
2. Tesla really is behaving in a way that's inconsistent with how it normally operates in this situation for reasons none of us here knows...

My money is on number 1. While I'm not directly calling you a liar, I believe you're attempting to leverage the public nature of this forum to get Tesla to do whatever it is you want them to do whether or not it's reasonable or justified... Tesla is by no means perfect, they make plenty of their own mistakes, but your experience just doesn't line up with what we've consistently seen from Tesla in similar circumstances...

Jeff

Every now and then someone here runs into a bad salesman. He's mis-informed. Doesn't get the customer service concept. It happens. Nobody disputes that they exist at Tesla. You found one.

Just keep in mind that you bought a new car and it should be delivered without obvious flaws. It's irrelevant that it's an inventory car or has a discount. Stick to your guns.

If you are still having problems in Chicago, go to Highland Park.

How about uploading the pics of the damage when you get a chance. Also, after the fix.

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Here's the thing... Nothing you've describe in any of your posts lines up with the way Tesla typically does business and handles these things... There are countless posts here regarding similar circumstances that were consistently handled in a vastly different way than yours. That leaves people like me with only a few logical outcomes...

1. You're lying about everything, or at a minimum embellishing substantially...
2. Tesla really is behaving in a way that's inconsistent with how it normally operates in this situation for reasons none of us here knows...

My money is on number 1. While I'm not directly calling you a liar, I believe you're attempting to leverage the public nature of this forum to get Tesla to do whatever it is you want them to do whether or not it's reasonable or justified... Tesla is by no means perfect, they make plenty of their own mistakes, but your experience just doesn't line up with what we've consistently seen from Tesla in similar circumstances...

Jeff

So Jeff, you are so devoted to Tesla that you accuse others of embellishing or lying because it isn't the way others have had there experiences. I posted only to get others opinions. Do a search on my posts and you will find I posted about this as soon as I picked up my car. So, yes you are accusing me of lying. People like you, what are people like you? Not that I owe you anything but here are the texts I talked about. Exactly as I said....I even took pics of the my Tesla docs, do you see any sales docs. When I picked up the car today they have agrreed to see what they can do for the bumper. They will not replace the cover but they said they think the body shop can make the crease become unnoticeable. I told them I am fine with that. Far from the type of person you think I am, I am about the easiest person in the world to work with. That does not mean I will roll over when I paid $150,000+ for a car and was told there was nothing wrong with the car. As you can see by the attached text they notified us the morning of pickup. You know Jeff you really need to trust people more, you would be a much happier person, LOL.

Well, we went to pick up the carat 1pm and I called a few minutes before arriving to see where the car was parked. We had stayed downtown in Chicago or five days for my wife's birthday. So, we wanted the taxi to drop us off right by the car so we could toss our suitcases inside. I asked the service person and they said let me check. Five minutes later I was still waiting and we pulled out front of the Tesla store. I thought hat they are not happy with us and hey are doing this on purpose, not the case. My wife went into ask and came back (I was still on hold) to say they want to work something out. They were going to give us a loaner and see what they could do, short of replacing he rear bumper. They said hey thought they could get the crease in the rear bumper to go away? I said that would be fine. We told them we just want what we agreed to, per the text, brand new car. Does hat mean a scratch, no. As I originally posted, the sales person called the Atlanta store to check on the cars condition. We were told the car was like brand new except the miles. In addition, the cars charging cables were all beat to hell, we didn't complain about it as it was no big deal.

I am just happy that they are going to do what I consider is fair. No need for me to push for them to replace the rear cover if they can make it look nice. I was never hear to do anything except to get opinions on what others have done. I received a couple PMs from others that had similar issues and they were very helpful, thanks. I am just glad it looks like I will be happy in the end. No hard feelings on my end and I will be happy to order a model X.

Thanks again for almost all your feedback, much appreciated. A thank you to the people in the Chicago Tesla for helping get this taken care of.

Last edited:
Every now and then someone here runs into a bad salesman. He's mis-informed. Doesn't get the customer service concept. It happens. Nobody disputes that they exist at Tesla. You found one.

Just keep in mind that you bought a new car and it should be delivered without obvious flaws. It's irrelevant that it's an inventory car or has a discount. Stick to your guns.

If you are still having problems in Chicago, go to Highland Park.

How about uploading the pics of the damage when you get a chance. Also, after the fix.

Thanks, actually HighlandPark was a big help and I thank them or their assistance.

So Jeff, you are so devoted to Tesla that you accuse others of embellishing or lying because it isn't the way others have had there experiences. I posted only to get others opinions. Do a search on my posts and you will find I posted about this as soon as I picked up my car. So, yes you are accusing me of lying. People like you, what are people like you? Not that I owe you anything but here are the texts I talked about. Exactly as I said....I even took pics of the my Tesla docs, do you see any sales docs. When I picked up the car today they have agrreed to see what they can do for the bumper. They will not replace the cover but they said they think the body shop can make the crease become unnoticeable. I told them I am fine with that. Far from the type of person you think I am, I am about the easiest person in the world to work with. That does not mean I will roll over when I paid $150,000+ for a car and was told there was nothing wrong with the car. As you can see by the attached text they notified us the morning of pickup. You know Jeff you really need to trust people more, you would be a much happier person, LOL.

You have 41 posts... I have well more than that going back several years... If you knew that you'd know that I'm just as critical about Tesla as anyone else around here is. I don't appreciate being called a fanboy, whether directly or indirectly.

It's not a matter of trusting anyone or a benefit of the doubt, it's about history. Clearly you haven't been around here long enough to understand what I mean by that. You wouldn't be the first person here to come in making a huge stink about just how horrible Tesla is only to find they omitted critical parts of the story, made it up entirely for their own investment goals, or were attempting to leverage TMC as a public liability tool to extort Tesla out of whatever it was they wanted. From my perspective, that's how I approach the way I see new members and the embolden accusations they make. What you originally said simply doesn't match up with how Tesla has consistently handled these types of situations based on countless posts from other members in similar situations. As I very clearly stated, that leaves me with two possible outcomes, either this is an anomaly or the poster was lying. New information has come to light of which, you didn't provide before, allowing me to concede changes in my perspective on this one.

This is an enthusiast forum, and one that contains a number of very passionate supporters of Tesla. You shouldn't be surprised to get the reaction I gave you when you post something like you did, with the title that you used...

Jeff

Our inventory P90DL has had a few issues. The Dania SC has been very good about getting the issues fixed. There is still one outstanding, (intermittent vibration in the steering column), that they are trying to figure out. I wish Tesla's QA was much better, but, at least here in S. FL, our SC does eventually get everything fixed.

This is an enthusiast forum, and one that contains a number of very passionate supporters of Tesla. You shouldn't be surprised to get the reaction I gave you when you post something like you did, with the title that you used...

Jeff

Tesla is one of the most heavily shorted stocks in the market. A lot of people have bet a lot of money that the price of TSLA will decline.

I don't know who is telling the truth and who is posting false information for financial gain but this is an anonymous board and anyone can post anything they want without verification. I would be shocked if trolls hadn't targeted this board, it is the sad state of our markets and what amounts to information these days.

I think that any comment, good or bad, should be taken with a grain of salt. If someone in fact has a legitimate problem with their vehicle then the right approach is to deal with Tesla directly on the matter to get it resolved. I am highly suspect of people who seem to think that the first course of action is to start posting inflammatory accusations on the board. You get more flies with honey.

Reactions: oktane and jeffro01
Well, we went to pick up the carat 1pm and I called a few minutes before arriving to see where the car was parked. We had stayed downtown in Chicago or five days for my wife's birthday. So, we wanted the taxi to drop us off right by the car so we could toss our suitcases inside. I asked the service person and they said let me check. Five minutes later I was still waiting and we pulled out front of the Tesla store. I thought hat they are not happy with us and hey are doing this on purpose, not the case. My wife went into ask and came back (I was still on hold) to say they want to work something out. They were going to give us a loaner and see what they could do, short of replacing he rear bumper. They said hey thought they could get the crease in the rear bumper to go away? I said that would be fine. We told them we just want what we agreed to, per the text, brand new car. Does hat mean a scratch, no. As I originally posted, the sales person called the Atlanta store to check on the cars condition. We were told the car was like brand new except the miles. In addition, the cars charging cables were all beat to hell, we didn't complain about it as it was no big deal.

I am just happy that they are going to do what I consider is fair. No need for me to push for them to replace the rear cover if they can make it look nice. I was never hear to do anything except to get opinions on what others have done. I received a couple PMs from others that had similar issues and they were very helpful, thanks. I am just glad it looks like I will be happy in the end. No hard feelings on my end and I will be happy to order a model X.

Thanks again for almost all your feedback, much appreciated. A thank you to the people in the Chicago Tesla for helping get this taken care of.

You have paid a lot of money for the car. Don't accept the car if they don't fix it the way it should be (if it means replacing a bumper). Escalate if needed.

My inventory P85 that came from CA also had really bad swirls in the paint, but I didn't know it when I picked it up. They stalled and stalled and said they were working on getting the car ready for pick-up and kept pushing the pick-up date back... Finally the day came where AutoNation (who was taking my trade-in Acura MDX) needed my car and I had to drive to FL for a wedding the next day. I wasn't about to rent a car when I should've had a Tesla 3-4 days already. So I called up the Marietta SC and demanded to pick it up the same day I was dropping off my MDX. They finally caved, but didn't allow me to come get the car until after dark.. and they still hadn't washed the car well so I couldn't inspect the paint.... I went out of town for the wedding (not in my MS) but in my fiance's car with her since we weren't hardened roadtrippers yet we decided to leave it. when I got back it was overcast and rainy for about a week... the first day it looked to be sunny for several days I took it to get a clear bra and tint and then found it had very bad swirls in the paint. I paid to have them corrected before getting it wrapped and documented with pictures the damage to the car that supposedly had no issues other than some B pillar wear and curb rash. When I called the service center they refused to cover the paint correction costs, or even help with them... that's how my ownership experience started with Tesla.

Interesting. This is diametrically opposed to my experience.

I noticed a small cosmetic issue on my Model S after I took the car home (this was middle of last year). I was busy with some travel etc. at the time and never got around to mentioning it to anyone at Tesla. Four months later, while I was at the service center for an unrelated issue, I mentioned the cosmetic issue from delivery. I honestly wasn't expecting them to do anything about it as the car had been in my possession for four months by that point, but the SC took care of it with no questions and no charge. I don't know if this is variation from SC to SC or if they treat custom orders that differently from inventory cars.

Same here.
I may not be happy with the car, but the service and people at Tesla are amazing. They are truly one of the main reasons I did not dump the car at another dealer.
I got a CPO, and the amount of time and effort Tesla places to try to make me happy is just unheard off.
It is hard to accept that A2Sirbill case is not an odd one. Hope all works out.

Same here.
I may not be happy with the car, but the service and people at Tesla are amazing. They are truly one of the main reasons I did not dump the car at another dealer.
I got a CPO, and the amount of time and effort Tesla places to try to make me happy is just unheard off.
It is hard to accept that A2Sirbill case is not an odd one. Hope all works out.

Agreed. IF A2Sirbill has a legitimate issue then I certainly hope that he/she gets it resolved quickly. Join the board Dec 26th, take delivery of a car on the 30th and then start posting inflammatory headlines and comments 4 business days after the scratch / dent was recognized? That is hardly enough time, IMHO, to give anyone to resolve/escalate an issue. It certainly sounds illogical.

Like many I'm not sure if we have heard the full story. It's just not the way Tesla usually does business. Not clear to me what car op was promised. "$10,200 discount due to the car having some miles on the car along with the car being used on the showroom floor" just does not sound right to me. As far as I understand it's $1000 per month and $1000 per 1K miles discount for a demo car. P100D has been out for only a couple months.

Hi Carl, sorry but you're wrong. Tesla commonly discounts cars >$10k near end of Q4 (especially higher end ones). It is the way Tesla does business, and I believe they can do it on any car with > 50 miles (but still essentially new). Check EV-CPO next year Q4 if you don't believe me.

Last edited:
Tesla Ranger (Jacob) just spent 2 hours at my house adjusting door trim but mostly replacing the camera because I was having Driver's Assistance unavailable issues. Another example of great service. On the humorous side, when he finished he asked if he should go out the garage door or the front door. Before I could answer he closed the front passenger door and my garage door opened. We were both surprised. Evidently something he had done was still resetting. Or my car wanted him to leave through the garage door :).

Yeah, the initial post sounded really strange. And the title was a bit over the top. He was either a troll or had an usually bad, but not unheard of, experience and could use our advice. IMHO it was better to assume he's on the up and up and offer what help we could. Anyone that buys a P100D with those issues is going to sound pretty upset.

They were discounting P100Ds then and they are now. Currently, 9 P100Ds with AP2 and >$10,000 discounts. All under 1000 miles. Probably more. Look at this one. I think the actual discount is even more than the $14,200 they list in the HTML code.

Model S P100D 5YJSA1E42GF169536 | Tesla

Hi Carl, sorry but you're wrong. Tesla commonly discounts cars >$10k near end of Q4 (especially higher end ones). It is the way Tesla does business, and I believe they can do it on any car with > 50 miles (but still essentially new). Check EV-CPO next year Q4 if you don't believe me.

Since I bought an inventory car just before Christmas I was checking the site daily. You are right that the P100's were discounted. I think that if you looked at the details of the cars that appeared to be discounted substantially more than $10K you would find that features were disabled and the price reflected that.