Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can you carry 4 21" rims w/ tires inside Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agree with all of the above - it fits. What I did do was leave my rear deck cover at home as it would get in the way (or get dirty) with the tires in the back.

And I bought my tire totes from Tirerack for 1/2 the price of the Tesla ones. Why Tesla only sells them in pairs puzzles me.

IMG_0326.JPG

I use this:
JEGS Performance Products 80385 Adjustable Tire Storage Rack Amazon.com: JEGS Performance Products 80385 Adjustable Tire Storage Rack: Automotive

21" rims and 19" rims are identical size once the tires are on.

But to answer your question, yes, a set of wheels with tires fit fine in the back of the car with the seat folded down, you don't even have to fold down the whole seat back, just the larger part will do. (you could probably fit them somehow with the seats up, but I haven't tried)

Not exactly. The 21" wheels are wider by 1/2" ;)

I have carried my 4 21" wheels with tires mounted in my P85D.

Good to see how the tires are stacked. I plan to order a set of tire totes for storage and convenience in handling.

Tesla — Tire Tote

View attachment 203481

I have those as well from tire rack but they are currently on the bmw track Wheels. Just cant part yet with my 335i vert, and the smell of e85 in the morning :)"

Those wall hooks are great!! Its like art!

Discount tire makes me nervous but they did a great job swapping the tpms fast and inexpensively at $140.

Heres another pic. Figured id protect the carpet from indentations or abrasions since i spent nearly 4hrs cleaning it yesterday.

Attachments

• IMG_3718.JPG
    IMG_3718.JPG
    353.3 KB · Views: 111
I did 8 when I first bought my classic S85. One in the frunk, Four stacked vertically across the back seats folded flat. Two stacked flat behind them in the flat trunk area. One vertically across the rear floor behind the front passenger's seat.

In addition to this I had my son and all of our luggage and his hockey equipment for the weekend as we were in the US for a hockey tournament at the time.

These look great on your wall!

For those of us in earthquake country (we're overdue for a large one here in CA), a little extra fastening might be advisable.

LOL - Thx. I have to admit that when planning and installing things where I live the thought of making it earthquake proof never enters my mind. Hurricane, yes. Flood, yes. Earthquake, no. :)

Having said that, the "hooks" are coated with a rubberized coating that keeps from scratching the rims as well as "grip" the wheel fairly well.

LOL - Thx. I have to admit that when planning and installing things where I live the thought of making it earthquake proof never enters my mind. Hurricane, yes. Flood, yes. Earthquake, no. :)

Having said that, the "hooks" are coated with a rubberized coating that keeps from scratching the rims as well as "grip" the wheel fairly well.

Well... it turns out that besides quakes being unpredictable, their movements can be in just about any combination of directions. During the last "big one", we had a large heavy shelving unit "hop" (not slide) off its base on to a 1/2" object. And counter-intuitively, earthquakes laugh at weight and friction. Secure fastening is usually the best prevention.

That said, besides your nil risk of quakes, you usually have the benefit of early warning for the other disasters.

Those wheels really look nice on the wall. Have you thought about putting four round clocks on them for different time zones?

Reactions: NOLA_Mike
I've hauled both 19" and 21" in my car with the rear seats folded down. When I packed them I did so with load shifting in mind, but I forgot to check how the Service Center packed them, and as luck would have it needed to make a fast stop and one of the tires slid forward and hit the driver's seat back and bumped my head forward. I heard the sliding so wasn't completely surprised when it happened, but it was still unnerving. Next time I'll re-check the SC packing job. Moral of the story: don't just toss them in there; consider stopping, turning, accelerating, and even what would happen in an accident.

Reactions: davidc18
I did 8 when I first bought my classic S85. One in the frunk, Four stacked vertically across the back seats folded flat. Two stacked flat behind them in the flat trunk area. One vertically across the rear floor behind the front passenger's seat.

In addition to this I had my son and all of our luggage and his hockey equipment for the weekend as we were in the US for a hockey tournament at the time.
Would i be able to fit 8 wheels in the 4WD model S?

Doubtful, but you may get it to fit if you maximize the back seat space but i don’t see it fitting.

I’ve done one on passenger seat,
Or one on rear bench/footwell +
3 in trunk (remove the lower rear trunk tray).

No chance of tire fitting up frunk if it’s not a classic red car.

2C604F98-BF41-499F-8AE6-817141200E53.jpeg
49A981B0-3B65-4DFF-9F1F-3BB00DA9C57F.jpeg

The one tire that I put in the non-AWD frunk you may be able to fit in the rear if you take out the cargo floor cover and put that tire in the lower storage area. This is what I did with all of our luggage for the weekend.

I did all of this with original size 19" tires so anything else may not fit.

If you go ahead and do it, make sure to take and post pictures. Good luck.