TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Can you change delivery locations?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Cheerose, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Cheerose

Cheerose Member

In my dream delivery (still a dream, no deposit yet), I would pick my S from the factory and drive it back across country via Route 66.

Now... this may be still a possibility, but lets say that things move faster than expected (especially with the current speed that some reservations are going)... and I am not able to take the time off to make the trip. Can I then have the car delivered to either my local service center or my house?

What if I originally had to go to my service center ... could I change it to either a factory delivery or delivery to my house?

2. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

That should be possible. They contact you saying 'it's time to deliver your car' and ask you to say if you'll be out of town during the delivery window. Note you'll have to pay California sales tax if you pick it up at the factory. A Route 66 trip would be a lot of fun.

3. jasonlk

jasonlk New Member

I couldn't do the Fremont pick up so got it in Menlo Park instead, a non-issue.