Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can You Downgrade From 60kwh to 40kwh because of the new deal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So was anybody able to get the 10K back? Chas F, did you get an EOL (end of line) date for your cool real 60 then?

Nope. No EOL date, but then again, I didn't ask. I asked my rep to go back and ask again, but so far no word. Still don't understand the heartburn (other than profit margin) for rolling back. I still think it's just software. The VIN shouldn't be affected. If I decided to upgrage in a year, the VIN wouldn't be changed, and I'm sure the process would take all of 10 min.
I seem to meet all the criteria for being considered for the rollback.

Been working with Tesla since last week when they reversed the decision on 4/8/13 which allowed me to revert me back to the 40 kWh battery. Long story short, after going back and forth several times I'm finally going to get a 40 kWh after all. The reason has nothing to do with what I stated above. As I understand it, they aren't allowing anyone to revert back based on upgrading in the weeks prior to the announcement. My case centered on a contractual procedure that I pointed out. Basically I was able to argue that, in my specific case, the upgrade contract was not valid and therefore my original executed 40kWh contract was still intact. Ultimately the Tesla legal department and managers agreed. I have to say they were very good about it - it could have been a legal quagmire and ultimately I wouldn't have had the time or resources to fight the point. In the end they simply did the right thing - and I'm thankful they did.

Been working with Tesla since last week when they reversed the decision on 4/8/13 which allowed me to revert me back to the 40 kWh battery. Long story short, after going back and forth several times I'm finally going to get a 40 kWh after all. The reason has nothing to do with what I stated above. As I understand it, they aren't allowing anyone to revert back based on upgrading in the weeks prior to the announcement. My case centered on a contractual procedure that I pointed out. Basically I was able to argue that, in my specific case, the upgrade contract was not valid and therefore my original executed 40kWh contract was still intact. Ultimately the Tesla legal department and managers agreed. I have to say they were very good about it - it could have been a legal quagmire and ultimately I wouldn't have had the time or resources to fight the point. In the end they simply did the right thing - and I'm thankful they did.

Thanks for the follow up. Seems I'm "stuck" with the 60.