TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Can you drive while in party mode?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Nate Finch, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Nate Finch

Nate Finch Member

I was thinking of it like "parade mode" where you go 5mph in party mode while puling a float or something.

2. azred

azred Active Member

People drive in party mode all the time. That’s why DUI’s are so common.

• Funny x 5
  3. jb007gd

jb007gd Member

I must have missed something. What is Party Mode?

4. ARMARM

ARMARM Member

5. Nate Finch

Nate Finch Member

Sorry, I guess it's actually called holiday mode. The one where the doors dance and music plays.

6. ARMARM

ARMARM Member

The Holiday Show will only work when the car is in park.

• Like x 1
  7. ValleyGeek

ValleyGeek Member

I've never actually been inside the car and tried the holiday mode, only outside of it. I always assumed it's uninterruptible and the car is essentially yard-art through the duration of the show. Now I'm curious though...

8. DCGOO

DCGOO Active Member

I don’t believe holiday mode will start if anyone is inside the car. It is pretty loud.

9. scottf200

scottf200 Active Member

Thought it would be useful as it leaves the 12v plugs and USBs on. Turns out Sentry Mode does as well which is how I kept my 12v fridge working on my recent 8K roadtrip.

Elon Musk described the feature in a tweet:

10. ValleyGeek

ValleyGeek Member

I recall hearing about that. Those modes have not yet been added to the vehicle. The closest options are "Keep Climate On" and "Dog Mode" but they don't fully encompass the true "Party" features speculated based on the tweet.

11. scottf200

scottf200 Active Member

I'm confused by your comment because most people have Sentry Mode available to them (I have a HW 2.0 X). The USBs and 12v plugs turn on when you have Sentry Mode=ON. Easy to verify by plugging your phone into the 2nd row, as an example, while sitting in the back seat and use your phone to toggle Sentry Mode ON and OFF. Again, I used Sentry Mode recently on a 8K roadtrip to keep my 12v fridge on at night while not in the X.

12. ValleyGeek

ValleyGeek Member

I apologize, I was only referring to modes that would be similar to the "party mode" described in the tweet. While Sentry Mode is available, and may accomplish keeping the ports in the car powered, I wouldn't presonally place it in the same classification as the other "modes" myself.

• Like x 1